: AutoVer 1.4.0
: 19 Dec 2007
: 2 May 2010
: Backup & Recovery
Will Run On
AutoVer is a configurable automatic or real time backup and personal versioning system. It can be used as a simple real time backup or as a more complex version control system. The beauty of this system is that once you set it up (which is extremely simple) it does everything. No remembering to backup or to check in or check out files. Every time you save a file it is copied to your backup folder or drive. You can include and exclude certain files and browse the backups with the Backup Explorer.
Great for backing up (or one way syncronising) your work or home documents to flash memory or saving every change you make to your source code or image files.
- Select any number of separate folders or folder trees (including sub folders) to watch for changes - each folder tree has its own independent settings
- Select straight backup or one of two versioning modes
- Select any folder, drive or FTP to backup to (including memory sticks and network drives)
- Option to create an initial backup before the automatic backup starts and ensure it is current on every startup
- Backups can be checked automatically, at a set time or manually
- Restrict which files and folders to include and exclude (by file mask) & maximum size
- Change the versioning date/time stamp format and versioning rate.
- Zip or delete old versions after a specified time (or just keep storing the files)
- Optionally delete backup files on original file deletion
- Fault tolerance in case your backup folder/drive goes off line or source files are locked. Drives re-sync'ed when they come online
- MS Office, Visual Studio plus many others supported (temp file creation, delete then rename is treated as original file change)
- Backup file & version explorer included
- Open backups or file versions directly (file extensions are preserved) or via inbuilt explorer
- Compare file versions (using an external application)
- Restore file versions one at a time or all at once via inbuilt explorer or manually
- Run a program on each file change so you can encode, resize or do anything to the file - just use AutoVer for the change detection
- Runs discretely in the Windows System Tray & and can be 100% portable (AutoVer can be installed on removable media)
- x86/x32 (32 bit) and x64 (64 bit) support (Windows 2000 to Windows 7+)
Click here to download this file, or add a comment below
- Fixed string>boolean type conversion bug after upgrading to 1.3.2
- Fixed rename if target file exists in non-versioning mode
- Reduced balloon help tip popup to first time only
- Option to restore all to a specific date and time.
- Option to apply Max version rate (only copy file to a new versioned backup if after x seconds/minutes/hours)
- Option to specify the time/frequency (ie hourly/daily) when the daily backups ("Ensuring the back is current") are made.
- Option to show (popup) all errors.
- Option to run external app on each file copy
- Option to make customisable the standard delay of 1 sec after last update before copying
- FTP functionality complete (but treat as beta)