New Poster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 129

File Name: BRELS MIDI Editor
File Submitter: ike shimada
File Submitted: 6 Feb 2010
File Category: Music Creation & Music Tools
Will Run On: No Information

Developed in 2004, BRELS MIDI Editor is a free, open-source MIDI editor that allows the creation and editing of MIDI files with a simple, straightforward interface. Saved files have the smallest possible size, their entire content is editable onscreen and the exact composition length is shown and controllable by the program. Yet, preexistent files can be cleaned and filtered, removing garbage and embedded malformations made by other tools.

The program presents a minimalist interface, from its installation, which just requires the extraction of the ZIP/RAR file without any modification to the system, to its commands, all shown onscreen, without menus or indirect paths.

I started making MIDIs back in 1999, when I used the then excellent Massiva (link doesn't exist anymore). In time, the program has become too bloated and had interface changes I disliked. I prefer things simple, blazing fast and lightweight, yet being as powerful as the user can get them to be, but I tried a few free download MIDI editing solutions and all seemed cumbersome to me. Since I could not find any other MIDI editor free of charge, I decided to make my own. So was born BRELS MIDI Editor, with its now vintage piano roll user interface.

Note: Program is in beta version since 2004, with version 0.05 being the lastest release. It has minor bugs but it's stable and very usable. Future versions are not discarded, but they are not a priority in the moment.

Click here to download this file, or add a comment below

Fast Reply

Enable email notification of replies |  Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th February 2010 - 07:12 PM
Why Donate?

Skin by Skinbox