Freeware - Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) · RSS FEEDS    Bookmark and Share

IPB

Why Donate To FreewareBB?
marko
Feb 7 2010, 12:18 AM
Post #1

Platinum Poster!

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

When I first started FreewareBB I did so from a home computer connected to my own internet provider. This was a simple connection but wasn't tailored to serve a website to the world, and as the months went on, the site became busier.

As such, we now have to host the site on professional servers to keep up with the demand for our services. These cost's can be considerable at times, and although we display ads to generate revenue to pay for these services we don't always raise enough to cover the costs and so I personally fund the balance.

By donating to FreewareBB, you can help ensure that we are able to pay for the future services we have to use and keep the site alive. Also, as we think of new and exciting additions for the site and as members and visitors suggest them, we sometimes have to request the services of experienced programmers or web designers which can be costly (which is why we don't do it often) but with future donations we can plan ahead and introduce a whole host of additional features to help all our users enjoy the site even more!.

We would never ask for anyone to donate an amount they couldn't afford and we understand not everyone is able to donate, we only ask that you consider donating (no matter how small or large) if able to do so, whether it's a few pence (cents) or a few pounds (dollars). All donations are greatly received (IMG:style_emoticons/default/good.gif)

You can donate via PayPal using the logo at the bottom of our pages or alternatively please send payments to our PayPal only email at donations [@] freewarebb [dot] com.

Kind Regards
Marko and The FreewareBB Team

marko
Feb 8 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #2

Platinum Poster!

To show our appreciation to those who have donated to FreewareBB, I have decided to start an honours list of those people. If you do not wish you name (or username) to appear here, please let me know and I will remove it. Additionally, those people who have subscribed to become 'Advanced Members' will also be considered as contributors to the site and will be listed likewise. My sincere thanks to all those people (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Donations
Stephen Cook
John Farley
Michael Browning
Joyce Lang
Callum Ingram
George Bennett
Darren Collins
Mark Kalk

Advanced Member Subscribers
Ablaze

marko
Feb 15 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #3

Platinum Poster!

Donation from audioguy, thanks very much (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

marko
Feb 15 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #4

Platinum Poster!

Advanced subscription from locreskid, thank you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Tag cloud:

Collapse