Freeware Software - Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Important notice regarding the recent update
marko
Jun 6 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #1

Platinum Poster!

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

First of all I sincerely apologise to anyone who is inconvenienced but we were forced to rollback the site to it?s previous state. Also, sincere apologies to anyone who registered on, or after, 2nd June as they will be required to re-register and similarly any post?s made after this time will also be lost I?m afraid.

The decision to rollback the site was made after careful consideration of the issues caused by the upgrade and the potential to fix them. Unfortunately, the resolutions to the problems we faced due to the upgrade were not readily available and as there was little sign of them being available any time soon we simply felt there was no choice but to rollback.

Planning this upgrade took us a long time but the issues we faced were only identified after the event and being at the mercy of third parties who were supporting similar customers we had no timescale when potential fixes would be available.

Again, I can only apologise to anyone who has been inconvenienced through this issue and we hope normal service is as much of a relief to you as it is to us.

I would just also like to take this opportunity to thank Michael at MDD Hosting (our host) who went to great lengths to get the site restored back to where it is just now - for a while we thought the absolute worst had happened!.

If anyone requires any assistance or help through this rollback, please just shout (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Kind Regards
Marko and The FreewareBB Team

smaragdus
Jun 6 2010, 10:58 AM
Post #2

New Poster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,703

Hello Marko,

I am really sorry for all your hard work being lost. What are your plans for the near future? Will there be another upgrade?

All the best,

Asen

marko
Jun 6 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #3

Platinum Poster!

Hi Asen, to be honest I can't see us doing any more upgrade's anytime soon - I've since learned that the developers of the system we use will still be supporting this version therefore until they stop there is no potential for us to worry. Once they do stop we may need to consider upgrading but by that time all the bugs and problems we faced recently will have been ironed out, but that isn't expected to be for quite some time yet so don't worry it's not going to happen anytime soon my friend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Cheers
Marko

grr
Jun 7 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #4

New Poster!

Member No.: 3,031

Sorry to know about the rollback.

Today when I tried logging in I was shocked to see that my login info does not exist. Moreover my posts were also lost, including the one for the AllMyNotes Organizer Deluxe giveaway.

marko
Jun 7 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #5

Platinum Poster!

grr, I can only apologise for this, that's never happened before and not likely to happen again, it was an unfortunate turn of events (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

grr
Yesterday
Post #6

New Poster!

Thanks for response & PM Marko. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

A question: do all posts from any member (except staff) here require moderation? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unknown.gif)

marko
Yesterday
Post #7

Platinum Poster!

grr, anyone with a post count of less than 10 is subject to moderation, on the 10th post members will then automatically move into the group 'Advanced Member' who are not moderated. Unfortunately, the situation being what it is on the internet, this is necessary as spammers and advertisers most commonly use forums to spread their message and this policy ensures we filter out those people before they have a chance to do any harm.
Hope that explains (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Cheers
Marko

grr
Yesterday
Post #8

New Poster!

Thanks for the reply Marko. I agree...and hate spammers.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dash2.gif)

Fast Reply

Enable email notification of replies |  Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2010 - 04:09 AM
Why Donate?

Skin by Skinbox