Freeware - Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Not a member yet? ...REGISTER FREE and get all the member benefits! · RSS Feeds    Bookmark and Share

IPB

Server move completed
marko
Jan 25 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #1

Platinum Poster!

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Well, after a great deal of pain we are finally back up and running on our new server. Unfortunately, even though we managed to transfer everything smoothly our new nameservers on the net decided to play hide and seek and we experienced a great deal of hit and miss from the internet. Please accept our apologies for this and we've since confirmed everything now appears to be in order.

As we are now on the new server and if you're reading this thread you are definately on it too, I would love to hear what feedback you have. Is the site faster for you? Is it slower? Do you have any issues still? Anything you can provide in the way of feedback for the site is greatly appreciated and please be as honest as you can as this will determine what level of tweaking we have still to do.

Over the next few weeks we will be monitoring our server and making necessary adjustments to improve the sites performance therefore if you are noticing issues please do let us know.

Many thanks for your patience throughout this time.

Kind Regards
Marko

sundaram
Jan 25 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #2

New Poster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 631

Hai..
Actually I did not understand what was the problem you faced !! Just for some days I could not browse your site. Now I am able to browse / catch your site in my computer. The speed seems to be somewhat faster than before. The explanation paragraphs (for the softwares) were appearing line by line; but now all the paragraph lines are appearing suddenly at once. THIS IS SPEED !! I THINK.
I think you had worked hard spending many sleepless hours.
God Bless you for continuing this top service.
Sundaram, Tamilnadu, India

QUOTE (marko @ Jan 25 2009, 05:06 PM)
Well, after a great deal of pain we are finally back up and running on our new server. Unfortunately, even though we managed to transfer everything smoothly our new nameservers on the net decided to play hide and seek and we experienced a great deal of hit and miss from the internet. Please accept our apologies for this and we've since confirmed everything now appears to be in order.

As we are now on the new server and if you're reading this thread you are definately on it too, I would love to hear what feedback you have. Is the site faster for you? Is it slower? Do you have any issues still? Anything you can provide in the way of feedback for the site is greatly appreciated and please be as honest as you can as this will determine what level of tweaking we have still to do.

Over the next few weeks we will be monitoring our server and making necessary adjustments to improve the sites performance therefore if you are noticing issues please do let us know.

Many thanks for your patience throughout this time.

Kind Regards
Marko

marko
Jan 25 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #3

Platinum Poster!

Hi sundaram, thanks for the comments and I'm glad you're finding things speedier - I'm not experiencing this in the UK for some reason but again it could be our connection but as I say I really need as much feedback as possible to guage reactions from across the net just so I know. I have again made a few changes to the server which will hopefully see further speed increases as well as take on a further host here in the UK to host mirror files (we will be adding more and more over time) and we are extremely happy with this ... so far so good (IMG:https://freewarebb.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Thanks again
Marko

ablaze
Jan 30 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #4

Advanced Poster!

Group: VIP
Member No.: 616

I'm definately seeing a BIG improvement marko, my god the downloads from freewarebb.co.uk are amazing 450Kbps I got today WOOSH! Keep up the good work, this site is going from great to fantastic and I'm glad to see someone at least cares about asking us what we think!!! (IMG:https://freewarebb.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

marko
Jan 30 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #5

Platinum Poster!

Thanks ablaze, and yes we always care what our peeps think (IMG:https://freewarebb.com/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Guest_Guest_*
Feb 2 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #6

Guests

I concur, a bit shaky after the move but definatley much much better now than before (IMG:https://freewarebb.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Fast Reply

Enable email notification of replies |  Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature

Tag cloud:

Collapse