This download is for the Windows version of VirtualBox, get other versions from the authors site HERE.
InnoTek VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
Modularity. VirtualBox has an extremely modular design with well-defined internal programming interfaces and a client/server design. This makes it easy to control it from several interfaces at once: for example, you can start a virtual machine in a typical virtual machine GUI and then control that machine from the command line, or possibly remotely. VirtualBox also comes with a full Software Development Kit: even though it is Open Source Software, you don´t have to hack the source to write a new interface for VirtualBox.
Virtual machine descriptions in XML. The configuration settings of virtual machines are stored entirely in XML and are independent of the local machines. Virtual machine definitions can therefore easily be ported to other computers.
Guest Additions for Windows and Linux. VirtualBox has special software that can be installed inside Windows and Linux virtual machines to improve performance and make integration much more seamless. Among the features provided by these Guest Additions are mouse pointer integration and arbitrary screen solutions (e.g. by resizing the guest window).
Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows and Linux 32-bit hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD.
* VMM: ?xed Guru meditation when running 64 bits Windows guests (bug #2220)
* VMM: ?xed Solaris 10U6 boot hangs (VT-x and AMD-V) bug #2565)
* VMM: ?xed Solaris 10U6 reboot hangs (AMD-V only; bug #2565)
* GUI: the host key was sometimes not properly displayed (Windows hosts only, bug #1996)
* GUI: the keyboard focus was lost after minimizing and restoring the VM window via the Windows taskbar (bugs #784)
* VBoxManage: properly show SATA disks when showing the VM information (bug #2624)
* SATA: ?xed access if the buffer size is not sector-aligned (bug #2024)
* SATA: improved performance
* SATA: ?xed snapshot function with ports>1 (bug #2510)
* E1000: ?xed crash under rare circumstances
* USB: ?xed support for iPhone and Nokia devices (Linux host: bugs #470 & #491)
* Windows host installer: added proper handling of open VirtualBox applications when updating the installation
* Windows host installer: ?xed default installation directory on 64-bit on new installations (bug #2501)
* Linux/Solaris/Darwin hosts: verify permissions in /tmp/vbox-$USER-ipc
* Linux hosts: ?xed assertion on high network load (AMD64 hosts, ?x for Linux distributions with glibc 2.6 and newer (bug #616)
* Linux hosts: don’t crash during shutdown with serial ports connected to a host device
* Solaris hosts: ?xed incompatibility between IPSEC and host interface networking
* Solaris hosts: ?xed a rare race condition while powering off VMs with host interface networking
* Solaris hosts: ?xed VBoxSDL on Solaris 10 by shipping the required SDL library (bug #2475)
* Windows additions: ?xed logged in users reporting via guest properties when using native RDP connections
* Windows additions: ?xed Vista crashes when accessing shared folders under certain circumstances (bug #2461)
* Windows additions: ?xed shared folders access with MS-Of?ce (bug #2591)
* Linux additions: ?xed compilation of vboxvfs.ko for 64-bit guests (bug #2550)
* SDK: added JAX-WS port caching to speedup connections
As a valued guest on our site we hope you enjoy and rate this freeware accordingly, although if you feel something is wrong with this download we would appreciate you letting us know using our Feedback section or alternatively you can use our Contact Form.
Blog/Forum link to this free download :
Image link to this free download :
File Name: Code Breaking 1.1.0
In Category: Puzzles
File Name: Artemis P2P 2.6.3
In Category: File Sharing & FTP
File Name: EditH 1.6
In Category: Desktop Utilities
File Name: PrintFile 2.16
In Category: Printing & Print Management
|Last ten submissions accepted · Files Today|
|41 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes|
40 guests, 1 members, 0 anonymous members
Archive.org, GigaBlast.com, Google.com, Ask Jeeves, Google Adsense, Yahoo.com, Baidu.com, stargazrroger
|Download Manager Statistics|
|We have a total of 5227 files in 117 categories
A total of 55 unique authors have submitted to our site
There have been 210818 logged downloads to date
The latest file submitted was DriverView v1.16 by marko (submitted Today)
||Time is now: 7th December 2008 - 11:46 PM|