Reviews, Recommendations, How To's and much more in Septembers Newsletter Online NOW

FreewareBB: Shopatron Scam - FreewareBB

Active Content Active Content   Latest Updates New Updates   Latest Downloads New Downloads   Top Downloads Top Downloads   RSS Feeds RSS   Link To Us Link To Us   Submit Freeware Submit

Page 1 of 1

Shopatron Scam

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:57 PM (#1) User is offline   marko 

• Platinum Poster!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Root Admin

OK, here's the story ... on 8th May 2008 my 14 year old son wanted to order a SPARCO T-shirt and did so through this company called Shopatron and I used my debit card for the transaction. From the date of order to the date of cancellation which was 18th September 2008 no contact from this company was received.

On cancelling the order, it was confirmed that the order of $20 was cancelled and NOT the original amount of $20 + $20 postage & handling. I now see from their "FAQ" that "postage and handling" is non refundable. So, for having done absolutely nothing this company are up to the tune of $20. Having said that, despite 3 WEEKS having now passed, I have yet to receive even the $20 for the T-shirt!.

I have emailed them numerous times although received no reply. SparcoUSA who were the supplier have also failed to respond to my emails therefore I wanted to warn others. How hard is it to actually set up a store, charge $20 shipping and handling, receive orders and not fulfil them and simply return the persons money LESS the shipping and handling? Happy days for the site owner I reckon!!!

However, as FreewareBB is heavily indexed and crawled on a regular basis by all the search engines and we receive thousands of hits each week I thought it only fair to give Shopatron the publicity they deserved - don't say I didn't warn you :lol:

SHOPATRON

and here's a few keywords just in case the search engines are hungry ....

shopatron, ecommerce, in store pickup, local pickup, sparcoUSA, sparco

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:23 AM (#2) Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

I checked their website and it looks totally above board - is surprising if they are a scam!

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:37 AM (#3) User is offline   marko 

• Platinum Poster!

If they're not a scam then they are a company not worth dealing with to be honest - I've never dealt with a company as unprofessional as these ever!. I can't imagine any other company expecting a customer to wait 4 months for an item and not even keep them updated on the order progress and then 3 weeks after cancelling we still don't have a refund! That, together with the fact that they state "shipping and handling" isn't refundable is a mere joke as far as I'm concerned and everything about them screams fake, joke, scam and untrustworthy.

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:42 PM (#4) Guest_scamp_*

Had a similar problem myself to yours Marko and never got a response, think it's really confusing of them when they use so many different copmanies to order from as I never knew who to contact and still dont!!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:02 PM (#5) User is offline   marko 

• Platinum Poster!

Actually forgot about this scamp but sorry to hear you've had similar issues

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:01 PM (#6) Guest_Grimm_*

Couldn't agree more! I would NOT purchase from this merchant- we made the mistake of purchasing a rather LARGE ticket item through them. They serve as a host for other stores, and when the item showed up completely smashed, the "Return" has taken over 2 months! Forget helping us to get in contact with the original seller...

We're having to file with the credit card company. Not recommended in any way. Also, very rude!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:32 PM (#7) Guest_Concerned Consumer_*

Shopatron was founded in 2001 and is a leader in providing distributed fulfillment eCommerce solutions for its clients. Over 600 merchants and branded manufacturers in North America and Europe use Shopatron as their eCommerce solution. Shopatron provides increased sales and satisfied shoppers to merchants of all sizes ? in over 35 industries, including apparel, automotive, consumer electronics, sporting goods, home improvement, musical instruments, pet products, toys, educational products, and equestrian goods.

Better Business Bureau Rating:
        URL removed, external links not allowed, please read the rules before posting

Shopatron Fulfillment Operations may be contacted at: 877-412-7467

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:41 PM (#8) User is offline   marko 

• Platinum Poster!

I think we all know who Shopatron is and what they do, unfortunately they also chose to rip me off personally - I don't even want the money they owe me, it's more satisfying knowing I can give them this publicity :P

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:32 PM (#9) Guest_Guest_*

I was ripped off by Shopatron as a retailer. They allowed a fraud buyer purchase from me & keep merchandise free & return merchandise that wasn't mine. They also charged me for the customers merchandise even after they never initially paid me for it in the first place. So I am out merchandise & money twice the cost. I get the run-around from their so-called customer service reps & have since given everything to my lawyer to check into.

I will never buy from another vender who utilizes shopatron ever again & we sell 2Million+ every year through our own venue. Don't need to be ripped off by a company like this anymore, so no more business from us.

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:08 AM (#10) User is offline   marko 

• Platinum Poster!

I'm amazed this company are still in business to be honest!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:21 AM (#11) Guest_Guest_*

This company Just emailed me asking for a scans of a government issued photo id, preferably my passport and for a copy of a bill so they could see my address. no other shops I've used on the internet have done this to me, ever. I think this place is a total scam, and am currently worried they have stolen my credit card information.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:09 AM (#12) User is offline   marko 

• Platinum Poster!

I'd report it to your credit card company ;)

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:05 PM (#13) Guest_Unhappy Merchant_*

ShopaTron is a middleman allowing order fulfillments between manufacturers and their retailers, but the system only benefits the manufacturers. Little out of the way merchants rarely get orders. Only large East Coast merchants get orders, and, if a merchant doesn't bid on a sale, the manufacturer fulfills the order (at full retail prices). Sweet for the manufacturer. This system also allows the manufacturer to sell off their own websites, again hurting little online merchants. This Big Business System only hurts the economy, by hurting small businesses. Customers who are hurt by the system should deal direct with the manufacturer, not Shopatron. Find out who the CEO is, and call them.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:00 PM (#14) User is offline   marko 

• Platinum Poster!

I can't actually work out if your post is for or against Shopatron or the way they operate, or something else! Care to elaborate?

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:23 PM (#15) User is offline   w_williamson 

• Gold Poster!
                • PipPipPipPipPip
                  • Group: Administrators

Think the guest's name may say it all marko, "Unhappy Merchant" LOL

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:18 PM (#16) Guest_Guest_TOM_*_*

Shopatron are sharks, plain and simple!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:20 PM (#17) Guest_Guest_*

Thank god you posted this forum. I was going to buy a 500$ telescope off of these jokes. Looks like I'm headed to Ebay or Amazon.

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:12 AM (#18) Guest_Amused_*

This thread is adorable. A handful of people had a bad experience with a company that processes thousands of orders daily and you automatically call it a scam. I'm sure Shopatron's feeling the pain!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:33 AM (#19) User is offline   marko 

• Platinum Poster!

Shopatron won't feel the pain at all whilst there are people like yourself willing to place orders with them despite being told they blatently ripped people off - take your chances if you like, wish you the best of luck :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                    0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Freeware Forums | Freeware Downloads | Active Content | New Updates | New Downloads | Top Downloads | RSS Feeds | Our Toolbar | Link To Us | How To Submit

The safest Freeware Software with reviews, ratings, screenshots and comments. Human edited site with no spyware, no malware and no annoying popups!.
                    View our new updates, new downloads and top downloads.
                    IPB Skins by Skinbox More Info

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
                    Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter   Or sign in with these services