DID YOU KNOW ...

FreewareBB isn't just another download site, it's a community of members who look out for one another, it's a site where we openly discuss bad freeware and tell you about it, it's a site where all downloads are scanned manually and it's the only freeware download site that checks the developers website against multiple site advisory services like WOT, SiteAdvisor and BrowserDefender to make sure they are safe for you to visit. We don't use popup advertising and your downloads start instantly, no hunting for the download button or jumping through hoops to find it!!. Safe, honest and reliable downloads, that's what FreewareBB stands for!!!.

"); //]]>
");

Nokia PC Suite Error

3 replies to this topic

#1 sundaram

sundaram

New Poster!

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:42 AM

Hai
    I downloaded Nokia PC Suite 71308. But while trying to install it, it shows error message that "memory could not be read" The messages reads as follows:

"The instruction at 0x0047e7c6 referenced memory at 0x0347e000. The memory could not be "read"

I have Gigabyte 945 Mother Board, Windows XP SP2, 1.5 GB Ram, 160 GB Hard disk, with anti virus "Avast"

What is the problem?

If I try to install the previous Nokia 7126 - There is no such error message. Pls hlp.
    Sundaram, Tamil Nadu, India

#2 ablaze

ablaze

Advanced Member!

• Advanced Member
    • 42 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:14 AM

I would upgrade to SP3 for a start, "memory could not be read" are often nothing to do with your actual memory but I know they can be a nightmare to get to the bottom of! Good luck :P

#3 James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
      • 1,018 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:20 PM

View Postsundaram, on Jun 26 2009, 10:42 AM, said:

Hai
        I downloaded Nokia PC Suite 71308. But while trying to install it, it shows error message that "memory could not be read" The messages reads as follows:

"The instruction at 0x0047e7c6 referenced memory at 0x0347e000. The memory could not be "read"

I have Gigabyte 945 Mother Board, Windows XP SP2, 1.5 GB Ram, 160 GB Hard disk, with anti virus "Avast"

What is the problem?

If I try to install the previous Nokia 7126 - There is no such error message. Pls hlp.
        Sundaram, Tamil Nadu, India

Hai Sundaram - This could be caused by any number of issues...very difficult to diagnose. One likely scenario is that remnants of a previous Nokia PC Suite installation remain on the hard drive. Did you uninstall an older version prior to installing this one?

Your best bet may be to look for help on the Nokia forum....here is a link: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/

Hope you can get it sorted,
        cheers...JIM
        Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#4 GAM's

GAM's

New Poster!

• Members
        • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:23 AM

Hi.
          It was the same situation.

Decision:
          Unpack Nokia_PC_Suite_x_x_xx_x_xxx.exe, for example, using 7-zip, and from the unpacked folder, run Installer.exe. I have everything set up.