Fancy a share of £92 Million?

Simply LIKE US on Facebook to be included in the FreewareBB weekly Euromillions draw - we've already bought our ticket which you can view HERE.

"); //]]>
");

How To: Add a destination folder to the ‘Send To’ menu.

1 reply to this topic

#1 James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:10 PM

Do you find yourself working frequently with a particular folder but it is not included in the ?Send To? menu. Here is a way to add a shortcut to a folder of your choosing:

Firstly, as the ?Send To? folder is hidden by default, we will need to make it visible: Got to Start\Control Panel\Folder Options. Open the View tab and scroll down to ?Hidden files and folders?. Select the option to ?Show hidden files and folders? then click on Apply, OK.

Okay, now we can proceed.

For XP:

1)  Go to Start\My Computer and double click on the ?C? drive icon.
    2)  Open (double click on) the ?Documents and Settings? Folder and then open your username folder.
    3)  Open the ?Send To? folder, click on File and select New then Shortcut.
    4)  Follow the Shortcut Wizard; use the Browse button to navigate to the location of the folder you wish to add, highlight it (left click once) and click Next then Finish.

For Vista:

The procedure is identical for Vista users except; substitute ?Users? for ?Documents and Settings?. Plus the location of the ?Send To? folder is completely different. If you try to use the shortcut in C:\Users\ you will get an error message. This is the correct location you will need to navigate to:
    C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows. Then follow steps 3 and 4.

When you have finished you will be able to right click on a file, choose ?Send To?, and a shortcut to the folder you added will be included in the sub-menu.

cheers...JIM
    Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#2 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
    • 26,222 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:55 PM

That can save an endless amount of time Jim, I know I can use this one for a few things myself :P
      Cheers
      Marko

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.  

Forums
      New Freeware on the site
      Updated Freeware on the site
      RSS Subscribe
      Report bad freeware here