Elegant IPB Skin By Skinbox

Reviews, Recommendations, How To's and much more in This Months Online Newsletter

FreewareBB: Pencil - FreewareBB

Active Content Active Content   Latest Updates New Updates   Latest Downloads New Downloads   Top Downloads Top Downloads   RSS Feeds RSS   Link To Us Link To Us   Submit Freeware Submit

Page 1 of 1

Pencil

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:33 PM (#1) User is online   marko 

• Platinum Poster!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Root Admin

File Name: Pencil
    File Submitter: marko
    File Submitted: 03 Nov 2007
    File Updated: 06 Sep 2010
    File Category: Animation
    Version No: 0.4.4b
    Will Run On: NT/2K/XP/Vista/7

Pencil is an animation/drawing software for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux. It lets you create traditional hand-drawn animation (cartoon) using both bitmap and vector graphics. Pencil is free and open source.

I have always loved animation. As a child, I tried to make some animation by drawing in notebooks but the result was somewhat unsatisfactory. Nowadays, computers make animation much easier. However, there is surprisingly almost no free cross-platform software for traditional animation.

I was lucky to find "Pencil Planner" by Patrick Corrieri, a little programme for pencil tests. I decided to improve it and use it as a basis to build a bitmap/vector animation program.

Pencil is not intended to mimick web-oriented vector-based animation software such as Flash. Its main purpose is to make traditional animation. Neither does it try to rival commercial software targetting the professional animation sector. Pencil is intended to be a simple programme enabling anyone to make 2D animation.

Click here to download this file

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:38 AM (#2) User is offline   TheRaven 

• Advanced Member!
    • PipPipPip
      • Group: Newsletter Team

This application is rooted heavily in the style that Flash Animation design perches on. The tool outputs your projects in either the Flash format and XML. So, with the output formats in mind it would not be difficult to do pure Flash; it would also be just as easy to incorporate the animation in a web 2.0 or desktop application with the XML output.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 User(s) are reading this topic
      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Alexa

Forums | Downloads | Active Content | New Updates | New Downloads | Top Downloads | RSS Feeds | Our Toolbar | Link To Us | How To Submit
      IPB Skins by Skinbox More Info

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options