Welcome to FreewareBB Downloads

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

FreewareBB Giveaway: Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6

We have 15 licenses up for grabs for Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6, (formerly A-Squared Anti-Malware) which has long been established as one of the leading lights in the genre. With a proven track record of reliability and efficiency, Emsisoft Anti-Malware is one of the most trusted security applications available today. SEE HERE for details on how you could win a copy.

");

VirtuaWIn

1 reply to this topic

#1 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,674 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:31 PM

File Name: VirtuaWIn
    File Submitter: marko
    File Submitted: 06 Nov 2007
    File Updated: 12 Sep 2010
    File Category: Virtual Applications
    Version No: 4.3
    Will Run On: 9x/ME/NT/2K/XP/2K3/Vista/7

VirtuaWIn is a virtual desktop manager to organize applications over several "virtual" desktops. For example if you use two virtual desktops you can put a Web browser on desk 1 and by using a desktop manager "switch away" the Web browser and it will seem like you have a new empty workspace (desk 2) to put another application/applications on.

What's New
    • 3058490 Fixed bug causing current window to be moved to the next desktop
    • 3017670 Added new module interface message to control desktop changing
    • 3026593 Updated external interface documentation
    • 3025763 Improved VW_FOREGDWIN message so that modules can force VW to give focus to their unmanaged windows
    • 3025866 Improved VW_FOREGDWIN message to allow modules to get VW to choose a suitable foreground window
    • 3026574 Fixed problem with hidden linked windows being made visible by VW
    • 3026907 Added manifest file to the source package
    • 3024305 Fixed minimised window activation issue when using new 'Only hide taskbar button ...' option.
    • 3025759 Changed BltMode to HALFTONE (not Win9x) to improve image quality
    • 3014409 Improved initial deskop image by simulating the taskbar and adding a boarder.
    • 3014411 Improved Window Rule's hide method option behaviour to avoid invalid combinations
    • 3012041 Added documentation for hidden config options
    • 3012028 Fixed size of box around User Interface section in Setup

Click here to download this file

#2 bolgwrad

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 25 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:10 PM

VirtuaWin 4.3 looks like a keeper: while the default hotkeys clashed with my Squintel graphics card rotation keys (which I never use), once I'd set up new ones in the very comprehensive setup menu, VirtuaWin worked completely transparently and smoothly, only taking up about 8Mb RAM in the process. Perfect when you want to ignore a window or two but don't want to close them. I particularly like the tray icon display which shows the current desktop number, and there are many options for window rules which give additional value. I'm also running WindowBlinds7 and Object Desktop (yes I know) and VW has no problem with either. VW has some nice interaction with the now abandoned ThumbWin window iconizer; minimized windows can be dragged to the new desktop and they stay iconized, which is great. If iconised they stay visible; when you restore them, they restore to the originating desktop.

Two issues - one which is not really VW's fault, it must be common to all multi-desktops - is that when you drag a window to the new desktop, the window doesn't snap back to the position it had on the old desktop, but rather sits across the boundary and has to be dragged back into position. But that would be the job of a desktop expander. You can't have everything.
      The other issue was that while typing this, if I switched desktops and then back again, the keyboard stopped entering text, but now of course I can't reproduce it to order and it all works fine.

A top-notch desktop utility.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users