Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:20 PM

File Name: WinMend Folder Hidden
    File Submitter: marko
    File Submitted: 25 Jun 2009
    File Updated: 30 Jul 2010
    File Category: File & Disk Management
    Version No: 1.4.1
    Will Run On: 2000/XP/Vista/7

WinMend Folder Hidden is a free file/folder hiding tool. While ensuring the absolute system safety, this application can quickly hide files and folders on local partitions and/or on removable devices.
    The hidden files/folders will be safely hidden whether the drive is accessed in another operating system on the same computer or reinstalled on another computer. You can set a password for this application. Hidden data can be displayed and unhidden only when the user enters the valid password. The data is completely invisible to other programs or on other operating systems.

However, please keep in mind that this application is for home use only. Itís not recommended for commercial settings where more strict confidentiality is required.

Features
    • Safety First - The hiding technology will never damage any file data. It is safe and reliable.
    • High-Speed Hiding and Unhiding - Whether itís a file of dozens of GB, or a folder containing a lot of files, the file or the folder can be hidden and unhidden instantly.
    • Removable Drives Are Supported - Files and folders on removable drives such as USB drives hidden by WinMend Folder Hidden are invisible not only in the computer where the hiding was completed, but in any computer.

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offlinebolgwrad

• Advanced Poster!
    • PipPip
      • Group: Advanced Member

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:16 PM

NOT SAFE! I used this on a USB drive and was immediately unable to unhide the hidden folder.

#3 User is onlinemarko

• Platinum Poster!
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:23 AM

Hi bolgwrad, unfortunately I was unable to replicate the problems you were having, I tried this on a few local files and folders as well as a USB drive and could hide and unhide all of these without a problem. Maybe you could try again and let us know if you're still having the issue?
        Cheers
        Marko

#4 User is offlinebolgwrad

• Advanced Poster!
        • PipPip

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

After I used 7Zip file explorer to look in the C:/ recycle bin (where Folder Hidden hides files) the file became accessible to Folder Hidden again. Just as well because it's now two days since I emailed their support contact and no reply. Maybe it's an issue with my XP SP3 setup but if you do use it try it on a test folder first.

#5 User is offlinebolgwrad

• Advanced Poster!
          • PipPip

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:28 AM

Have tried it again and everything is now working as expected - juat test it first, folks, because that stuff is really hidden.

#6 User is onlinemarko

• Platinum Poster!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

Good stuff bolgwrad, do let us know if support get back to you or not, it all adds to the value of the program to know whether or not the developers are responding to users or not :D
              Cheers
              Marko

#7 User is offlinebolgwrad

• Advanced Poster!
              • PipPip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:05 AM

Well, Christina from WinMend finally got back after five days with a new executable and instructions I don't quite feel like following:

Please download the attachment, uncompress it and replace the original FolderHidden.exe in the program installation directory (usually it is C:\Program Files\WinMend\Folder Hidden) with the one I sent. After running WinMend Folder Hidden, please send us back C:\FolderHiddenDebug.ini and c:\S-1-5-21-HideFile.ini (both will be auto generated when you run Folder Hidden). Thank you.

I've already found you can find and restore (ie copy from C:\Recycle Bin) the hidden folder/files with 7zip, though once 7zip found them WinMend could change them again too.

#8 User is onlinemarko

• Platinum Poster!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:30 AM

I don't quite understand the need to send you a new exe either bolgwrad, although I guess the info from the 'debug' file may help them work out what went wrong in the first place, I think that may be the only reason they are requesting it.
                  Cheers
                  Marko

#9 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

† Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:04 AM

great file hiding tool, thanks for your suggestions, so easy to use, supports muliti-language such as English, French, German, Hungarian, Spanish, Dutch, Arabic, Greek, Korean, Vietnames and can run under Win7 and Windows vista, xp, 2000 OS.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                  0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users