Elegant IPB Skin By Skinbox

Reviews, Recommendations, How To's and much more in This Months Online Newsletter

FBB: FTPMailzipper - FBB

Active Content Active Content   Latest Updates New Updates   Latest Downloads New Downloads   Top Downloads Top Downloads   RSS Feeds RSS   Link To Us Link To Us   Submit Freeware Submit

Page 1 of 1

FTPMailzipper

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:20 PM (#1) User is offline   chesterway 

• New Poster!
  • Pip
    • Group: Developer

File Name: FTPMailzipper
    File Submitter: chesterway
    File Submitted: 30 Nov 2009
    File Updated: 23 Aug 2010
    File Category: Email & Spam Tools
    Version No: 2
    Will Run On: XP/Vista

Emailing files as attachments, particularly large files or files that are possible virus containers, can be very frustrating. You can never be sure if the recipient´s server has rejected the mail until you get back that annoying message telling you the mail was not delivered! Or not!

There are sites which provide a service to get around this problem, normally for a fee. Now you can easily do it yourself from your desktop for FREE. FTPMailzipper will zip your files (with a password if required), zoom them up using FTP and open your email client with an email message containing the download link ready to for you to send to as many recipients as you want.

If you have FTP access as part of your contract, (most users do but there is lots of free space if you don´t ) use it to temporarily hold your files. Let your recipient decide when to download files. Don´t flood their mailbox with large attachments. Don´t risk a ´non-delivery´ because their server doesn´t like your files. If you distribute files, make them available to multiple recipients.

FTPMailzipper is a unique tool that fuses email and FTP to provide an improved experience.

Click here to download this file

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:01 AM (#2) User is offline   marko 

• Platinum Poster!
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Root Admin

We have recently found an increasing number of suspicious files contained in this developers software, therefore the decision was made to withdraw all their software.
      Example: http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/4fed287...297d-1267519535

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:27 AM (#3) User is offline   chesterway 

• New Poster!
      • Pip
        • Group: Developer

View Postmarko, on 02 March 2010 - 11:01 AM, said:

We have recently found an increasing number of suspicious files contained in this developers software, therefore the decision was made to withdraw all their software.
        Example: http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/4fed287...297d-1267519535

From the Author

I've just come across this decision to withdraw my software, which I'm not sure is still extant.

None has ever been created with any form of malware nor am I aware that any have been hacked/injected with malware. However I generally pack the exe file using UPX which does seem to offend some virus checkers. Your reference above is such an example. I contacted the companies involved who all conceded that it was a false positive. The current version of FTPMailZipper (and an unpacked version)when tested by VirusTotal has one positive from McAFee. I wont go through the process again of contacting McAFee. I would think it is reasonably obvious that being the only positive would indicate a false positive.

I test all my software with VirusTotal before I float it and accept one or two positives as being the price for the amount of malware that does exist. Chasing up false positives becomes wasted effort as it takes some time to get resolution and databases updated by which time the software gets branded and erroneous decisions made.

I do believe packing with UPX is a reasonable precaution against a file getting hacked and malicious injection. However it seems to be a lose lose situation.

I would ask you to review your decision.

Brian Shepherd

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:38 AM (#4) User is offline   marko 

• Platinum Poster!

Brian, many thanks for getting in touch, usually when an author does so it gives us a true indication of the commitment to their software. I'm sure you are able to see the issue we face regarding false positives and where we find more than a few vendors listing suspicious files we always have to take it very seriously.

If you can PM me with a list of your software I will be happy to check them all and get back to you ASAP, I'm sure however we do still list some of your software but I can confirm that if you can provide me with said list :P

Hope to hear from you soon
          Kind Regards
          Marko

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:07 AM (#5) User is offline   marko 

• Platinum Poster!

Brian, I just went ahead and worked through the files on the site I knew were yours and have re-approved them all as I've scanned them all again and confirmed exactly what you say. There are still a couple though, RightDelete and Right Thumb which are showing 2/3 suspicious files, I'm obviously now of the opinion these are false positives but they could hinder you somewhat with other sites possibly.

Anyway, I've transferred ownership of all those files to your user account so please feel free to make any changes to them you feel necessary. You should find a list of your files in your UserCP HERE and I've listed them here also for everyone else :P

imgKlone
            Cliptonomy
            Cryptonomy
            MultiImageDownloader
            FolderSynca
            pixsCompiler
            JPEG Comment Browser
            FTPMailzipper
            DragTargets
            RightDelete
            Side Desk
            RightThumb+
            Digi-Annotator
            RightCrypt

If you need any further assistance, please just shout.
            Kind Regards
            Marko

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 User(s) are reading this topic
            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forums | Downloads | Active Content | New Updates | New Downloads | Top Downloads | RSS Feeds | Our Toolbar | Link To Us | How To Submit
            IPB Skins by Skinbox More Info

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
            Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter   Or sign in with these services