• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old FreewareBB

#1 User is offline ablaze

• Advanced Member!
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Advanced Member

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:28 AM

Marko, can I make a suggestion please? I'm not sure about anyone else but I think I preferred the way FreewareBB used to look, you know with the dark blue and without the menu down the left hand side. Can I ask if anyone else has told you this, just that I can't really get used to this new look, I know it's been on for a while but I can't help thinking it's a bit cluttered looking and all those links down the side are just a bit off putting and could be confusing to a lot of people. Maybe it's just me but I'd love other people's responses as well as yours Marko.

#2 User is offline marko

• Platinum Poster!
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Root Admin

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

Hi ablaze, thanks for letting us know about your concerns, first of all when we make changes like this we try and do it for the good of everyone, like provide a nav bar down the left hand side which makes it easier to navigate around the site, although sometimes the introduction of one thing results in another issue, like (as you say) a bit of a cluttered feel. We have had a handful of people say much the same and it's something we've been looking at for a while. We even took the new look off for a while because of certain issues, but generally we've not really had a massive response one way or the other in regards to whether the general membership prefer this skin over the last one, but it may be a good idea to make a poll and ask for members to cast their vote.

I'll do a little more digging to see if I can uncover a few more opinions and base my next action on that.
      Cheers
      Marko

#3 User is offline marko

• Platinum Poster!
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Root Admin

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:11 AM

We've since re-enabled the previous skin for our site to allow members to swap the look back and forth so everyone can compare the two looks. To do this, down at the bottom of our site to the left of the screen you'll notice a drop-down menu which should currently say "Professional Blue (import)", if you change this to "FBB New" you will now notice you are back to the previous look on FreewareBB. Looking for all opinions on this one :)
        Cheers
        Marko

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users