Site participation, comments and copying external content

Please read this important announcement regarding site participation on FreewareBB HERE.

"); //]]>

Pale Moon browser - A faster Firefox??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#11 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,202 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:04 AM

who didn't read through the instructions properly then???

errrrrrrrmmmmmm:)

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
    New Freeware on the site
    Updated Freeware on the site
    RSS Subscribe
    Report bad freeware here

#12 Guest_jon_*

Guest_jon_*
    • Guests

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:13 AM

I tried Pale Moon and loved it...at first. The first day it ran very smoothly and much quicker than firefox (and chrome) The next day it seemed to get very buggy and later started crashing or freezing. Uninstalled, but will look forward to a more stable version some time in the future.

#13 James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
    • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hey Guys - I know it's been a while since this topic has been discussed but I've been testing the Pale Moon Browser (portable version) and finally decided to install it as default browser (about 3 months ago) on a laptop I have. I have been using it fairly regularly since then and am quite impressed.

All FF add-ons and themes appear to be fully compatible, at least the ones I use are. It is, IMO, noticeably faster than FF (not as fast as Chrome though Marko :) ), and more reliable. Haven't experienced any issues thus far and am very happy with the performance. Hope they update it as soon as possible after the final release of FF4 so it matches all the new FF version features....should be even better then!!

At this stage I'm giving Pale Moon the big thumbs up. :) :good:

Cheers all (and thanks again to everyone for your invaluable input)
      Jim
      Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#14 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
      • 12,202 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:05 PM

Always great to hear those success stories Jimbo, I'm not using Google Chrome as often as I used to, kinda slipped back into the ole FireFox ways (as I do!)
        Cheers mate
        Marko

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
        New Freeware on the site
        Updated Freeware on the site
        RSS Subscribe
        Report bad freeware here