Why we remove software

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,336 posts
    When we find a troublesome download on our site, (i.e. it now contains viruses or is no longer freeware), we normally remove our support for it and change the title to include the word "(REMOVED)".

We do this, rather than just delete the listing, for a few reasons - the first is to make sure we don't re-list the software in future as some developers will use all kinds of tricks to fool download sites, and the second is to draw everyone's attention to the fact we have removed our support for that software - the precise reason for our decision will usually be found in the comments area for that download.

The last reason we don't like to just delete a listing as sometimes it can be a genuine mistake by the developer, there could be a problem with their website (i.e. dead links, etc) or it could be something else happening which is out of the developers control. If the problem was rectified, we can easily re-instate the listing without any fuss :)

If you do find any problems with a listing on our site, please use the comments section to tell us about it and we will deal with it immediately.

Kind Regards
    Marko and The FreewareBB Team

FreewareBB - Keeping You Safe Since 2007

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
    New Freeware on the site
    Updated Freeware on the site
    RSS Subscribe
    Report bad freeware here