• Group: Root Admin

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:39 AM

File Name: Internet Explorer 9 (Win 7)
    File Submitter: marko
    File Submitted: 21 Sep 2010
    File Category: Internet Browsers & Addons
    Version No: 9.0.7930.16406 Beta
    Will Run On: Windows 7

Windows Internet Explorer 9 lets your websites shine and perform just like native applications on your PC.

Features
    • Fast: Internet Explorer 9 is all-around fast. Designed to take full advantage of your PCs hardware through Windows, Internet Explorer 9 delivers graphically rich and immersive experiences that are as fast and responsive as native applications installed on your PC.
    • Clean: Internet Explorer puts the focus on the Web sites you love with a clean look and increased viewing area that makes your Web sites shine. Intuitive and seamless integration with Windows 7 provides one-click access to Web applications pinned directly to your Taskbar.
    • Trusted: Internet Explorer is the trusted way to the Web because it has a robust set of built-in security, privacy and reliability technologies that keep you safer and your browsing experience uninterrupted.
    • Interoperable: Support for HTML5 and modern Web standards architected to take advantage of the GPU means that the same mark-up not only works across the Web, but runs faster and delivers a richer experience through Windows and Internet Explorer 9.

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline Anatolij

• Advanced Member!
    • PipPipPip
      • Group: Advanced Member

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

Read:
      http://www.pcmag.com...,2369239,00.asp
      http://www.pcmag.com...,2369211,00.asp
      http://www.pcmag.com...,2361444,00.asp

#3 User is offline bolgwrad

• Advanced Poster!
      • PipPip

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:03 AM

Ha! Microsoft do it again! I download it, run the installer (I'm on 64-bit W7HP) and get the message 'ou can't install this, it's the wrong installer'. No link to the right one, no details. Why are M$ so inept? That's the sort of product distribution I expect from Domino's Pizza.

#4 User is offline James (Jim) Hillier

• Platinum Poster!
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Super Mod

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

View Postbolgwrad, on 26 September 2010 - 11:03 AM, said:

Ha! Microsoft do it again! I download it, run the installer (I'm on 64-bit W7HP) and get the message 'ou can't install this, it's the wrong installer'. No link to the right one, no details. Why are M$ so inept? That's the sort of product distribution I expect from Domino's Pizza.

LOL

What a great analogy!! :good:

I find the MS support (help) pages are just the same.....about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike!

Good one bolgwrad!!!

#5 User is offline TheRaven

• Gold Poster!
          • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:04 AM

Talking about analogies JIM...

"useful as an ashtray on a motorbike" -- that's a good one too!https://freewarebb.com/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Try this one on. I used Vista 32 bit Ultimate breaking all of the "Windows Lifecycles" going on almost 1.5 years; XP would last me around eleven months before I would have to do a complete re-installation and Windows 2000 Pro couldn't get past nine months -- literally.

My Vista got trashed when I did a Silverlight upgrade to 3 when it was just coming out of beta. I landed on a Silverlight video that required SL 3 to be installed and directed me to what I thought to be a legitimate download link and proceeded with the upgrade process. The upgrade said it completed but the video would not play and my Silverlight 2 applications would no longer run and sub-sequentially I could no longer install or remove software reliant upon the Microsoft Software Installer (MSI). No other choice but to do a complete re-installation. I was red-faced to say the least.

My little conspiracy theories:
            • Their upgrade was messed up
            • Their servers got hacked and I got nailed with a viral package
            • The new dev teams that they got now messed up pointing back to point one above
            • Windows 7 was just coming out and they were sabotaging Vista to push Windows 7 migration pointing back to point two above

Is it just me, or does it seem like every time a new version of Windows comes out the previous version mysteriously starts to have random problems and attacks that it went without notice to its entire release/life-cycle up to that point. It just seems odd to me that from Windows 2000 Pro you could set your watch to when you could expect the same type of problems to occur. Whether it's M$ or a selective serial killer minded hacker that only attacks on at a specific time it is strikingly odd that this type of behavior goes down without a hitch. It's like living in Tornado alley out west in the united States where it's not a matter of if but when.

Let's all pay close attention and see if the same occurs with Windows 7.

• Boot loader attacks and installation problems start occurring with an almost steady frequency on the 32 bit platforms a new O.S. is due out about four months in RC-1 Community Preview Release (CPR odd acronym).
            • New and improved beta software releases won't install and break other software that just don't seem to recover even when you try to do a complete re-install of a product.
            • Help threads and forum discussion addressing the problem talk in circles and related threads use the same advice but there are slight variances and none seem to work like you're being dragged along on a useless ride.
            • Incomplete documentation and "helpers" never seem to find the time to complete the topic and helpers I refer to are not regular members.
            • There's a pattern here.
            I excelled at picking up on patterns, reasoning, reading and comprehension -- unfortunately. I would rather use a deprecated O.S. and be pushed back than screwed with. I can't say that it's Microsoft behind all of it but, it does like like they are involved in some of it. Maybe they've hired programming engineers with a grudge toward them or something else is going on -- what ever it is it makes them look predatory. As much as I try to admire Microsoft there's always something that happens to push everything back. Microsoft needs to get on the ball -- letting this type of crap to continue makes them as bad as the hackers out there attacking us using their products to do it. Poorly designed software created by Microsoft Development Teams for Microsoft Systems is becoming an alarming trend and it opens all kinds of doorways for security compromise.

IE 7 had serious thrash and trash bugs when I tried it out way back when and it screwed my IE 6 when I un-installed it. Automatic updates and IE 7 did XP in for me several times. It becomes painfully apparent to anyone that knows anything about me, like Jim, why I am an evangelist for the power user sector and why it is so important for everyone to pursue a status of such a nature. Jim will confirm the fact that I can be set in my ways and am definitely opinionated in a way.

My best regards to everyone and stay learning but, do it the way that best suits you not the status quo and you will find your own niche in life where you will most benefit yourself, those whom care about you most, and man in general.

#6 User is offline James (Jim) Hillier

• Platinum Poster!
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Super Mod

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:03 PM

Hey Raven - A good read, some very interesting observations!!

Help threads and forum discussion addressing the problem talk in circles and related threads use the same advice but there are slight variances and none seem to work like you're being dragged along on a useless ride.

Ain't that the truth!! I particularly like the ones where someone posts an initial question seeking enlightenment and the rest of the thread is taken up with dozens of similar comments, like..."Yes, that's happened to me too" or "I have the exact same problem". No advice, no probable or even possible solutions, just a heap of complaints all relating to the same issue......go figure!!

Mind you, there is another side of the coin too. What about the forum members who post a question seeking assistance but fail to include any definitive information. As a helper, your immediate response is to post a string of questions to help diagnose and isolate probable causes. They then answer several of the questions but always seem to leave one or two unanswered (for what reason I have absolutely no idea) and finally, after more to-ing and fro-ing tell you they have now fixed the problem...AND it turns out the solution was held in one of your earlier unanswered questions.....very frustrating!!! LOL

Human nature...tiz a wondrous and remarkable thing!

#7 User is offline TheRaven

• Gold Poster!
              • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:31 AM

Human nature...tiz a wondrous and remarkable thing!

...and sometimes nauseating. Indeed!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users