FreewareBB: How To: Add Expanded View to Start Menu Items - FreewareBB

Page 1 of 1

How To: Add Expanded View to Start Menu Items Windows 7 Tips & Tricks.

#1 User is offline   James (Jim) Hillier 

• Platinum Poster!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Mod

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:35 AM

This is no biggee but it is a time (click) saver and a little tip that I personally have found to be quite useful:

Say you wanted to access something in Control Panel; normally you would need to click on Control Panel in the Start Menu, wait for the Control Panel to appear and then click again on the required component. By changing a simple option, all the items in Control Panel can be readily accessible from an expanded menu:
    Attached Image: Expanded View.png

Here’s how:

Right click on the Start button and select Properties. Now click on the Customize button.

Locate the section to which you wish to add the expanded view and select the option to “Display as menu”. Then close out by clicking OK > Apply > OK.
    Attached Image: Start Menu.png

The Expanded View can be applied to any of those items listed in the Start Menu; Computer, Documents, Games, etc.

Click HERE for more Windows 7 Tips & Tricks.

#2 User is offline   marko 

• Platinum Poster!
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Root Admin

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:28 AM

I dragged myself back onto XP a short while ago Jim, will also be making the move back to Windows 7 very soon. There's been some debate recently on how long Microsoft will continue to support XP, particularly for businesses who are lagging behind considerably, but I anticipate MS will be pulling the plug before long and I suspect your tips will be invaluable to a lot of folk Jim ;)
      Cheers
      Marko

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 User(s) are reading this topic
      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Alexa