File Submitter: marko
File Submitted: 27 Sep 2010
File Category: Scheduling,Calendars & Organisers
Version No: 1.3.4 Beta
Will Run On: 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7
Download the stable version (v1.2.4) HERE.
TreeLine is a PIM that stores almost any kind of information. A tree structure makes it easy to keep things organized. And each node in the tree can contain several fields, forming a mini-database. The output format for each node can be defined, and the output can be shown on the screen, printed, or exported to html.
- Stores almost any type of information, including plain text, HTML, numbers, dates, times, booleans, URLs, etc.
- The tree structure helps keep things organized.
- Each node can have several fields that form a mini-database.
- Several node types, with different sets of fields, can be included in one file.
- The node format, including fields, output lines and tree-view icon, can be defined for each node type.
- There is a quick incremental search command to find a matching node title.
- There is a find command that searches through all node data.
- Previous and next selection commands toggle selections to quickly move between parts of the tree.
- Undo and redo commands are available for all modifying operations.
- TreeLine files are XML by default, but there are options for automatically compressing or encrypting the files.
- The formatted output can be printed with parent/child lines and headers and footers.
- The data can be exported to HTML.
- An XSLT file can be exported to work with the XML TreeLine files.
- Tab-delimited tables and tab-indented text files can be imported and exported. Plain text files and Treepad files can be imported.
- Clicking on URL fields in the output view opens the link in an external web browser.
- There are internal link fields that select another node based on a reference or a keyword.
- There are several sorting options.
- There is an outline numbering feature.
- There are many options for customizing both general and file-based attributes.
- There are editors for keyboard shortcuts and toolbar commands.
- The user interface and documentation are available in English, French and German.
- This is an unstable development snapshot. It may contain bugs. Testing and bug reports are appreciated, but the stable release (TreeLine 1.2.x) should be used for critical work.
- Added ico and gif as valid tree icon types.
- The French GUI translation has been updated, but the documentation translation is still out of date.
- Minor updates have been made to the German GUI translation.
- The list of windows in the Window menu is now properly updated after saving a file with a new name.
- Fixed a bug that could cause spell checks to hang.
Click here to download this file