Freeware Forums: Why do some websites not support Firefox? - Freeware Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why do some websites not support Firefox?

#1 User is offline marko

• Platinum Poster!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Root Admin

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:28 AM

Just recently I've noticed some websites are still not compatible with Firefox. Granted, we're only talking about a handful of websites I've noticed and one in particular, http://www.orange.co.uk/ just doesn't seem to like Firefox at all.

We can access the site no problem, but try logging in as an account holder, and you'll receive a "The connection was reset" error.

I've noticed this on a few other "secure" sites likes online banking, etc, which makes me wonder why these sites are purposely avoiding being compatible with FF. I say purposely, because I have to assume that being a large organisation they have the technical ability to realise their sites are not fully compatible with FF, and quite possibly other browsers, but it begs the question why?!.

Have you noticed any problems with other sites whilst using Firefox?. I, for one, would be interested in hearing about them :)
    Marko

#2 User is offline grr

• Advanced Member!
    • PipPipPip
      • Group: Advanced Member

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

I didn't noticed any other site not supporting Firefox..

Could you check with Orange Support?

#3 User is offline marko

• Platinum Poster!
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Root Admin

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

I wouldn't be that concerned that I would contact orange, as I say I'm sure they would already know about the issue, they must be choosing not to rectify it for some reason, only thing I can guess is it's a certificate issue, or rather a compatibility issue with certificates from orange - guess it's their choice but as i say just wondering if there are any other sites having similar issues.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users