• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 - due soon!

#1 User is offline James (Jim) Hillier

• Platinum Poster!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Mod

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:45 AM

Microsoft have announced that Service Pack 1 (or SP1) for Windows 7 will soon be available. SP1 (which also supports Windows Server 2008 R2) is already in the hands of original equipment manufacturers and is expected to be released for general consumption via Windows Update on February 22.

The pack is reported to include the usual swag of hotfixes, an updated version of Microsoft's remote desktop client, plus dynamic memory support for Hyper-V in Windows Server 2008 R2.

Judging by Microsoft's report, it is the addition of dynamic memory support for Hyper-V in Windows Server 2008 R2 which has got them most excited. So I doubt there will anything too new or exciting in the pack for Windows 7 users.

However, there are a few bugs in Windows 7 and, although they might be minor, they are still an annoyance. I sincerely hope MS has rectified them in SP1.

#2 User is online marko

• Platinum Poster!
      • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:43 AM

Tis changed days though Jim, although I do still miss XP I've became used to Windows 7 now, I still can't use it with the same enthusiasm as I did XP but I also remember many many updates and fixes pushed out for XP when MS attempted to patch and fumble their way through some of the security holes and other problems, particularly with XP Service Packs. No such problems (yet) with Windows 7 so less drama for the end user in 7 me thinks, let just hope it stays that way :)

#3 User is offline James (Jim) Hillier

• Platinum Poster!
        • Group: Super Mod

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:22 AM

Absolutely Marko. So you haven't come across any of the little bugs in Win7 yet? Not that there are many nor any that cause major issues but enough to be annoying.

Still, I reckon some of the excellent new features in Win7 more than makeup for any minor irritations.

Cheers mate....Jim

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users