The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

How To: Disable Avast 6 Desktop Gadget

2 replies to this topic

#1 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
  • 843 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

The latest version of Avast free anti-virus includes a desktop gadget (in Windows 7) which cannot be disabled via the program's settings. Many users have found this innovation quite annoying (including myself), here is how to prevent the gadget from displaying:

Go to Start>Control Panel>Programs and Features, locate the entry for Avast and double click on it. A screen will appear with three options; Change, Uninstall and Update. The "Change" option should be selected (highlighted) by default, if not then highlight it and click Next.
    Attached Image: Avast 1.png

After a second or two a new 'Configuration' screen will appear. Near the top you will see the entry for "avast! gadget". Click in the little box next to that option and replace the green tick with a red X. Click Next and Avast will make the change and then ask you to restart.
    Attached Image: Avast 2.png

After you reboot, the gadget will be gone, never to be heard from again....somewhat like my first wife!! :blink: :) :P :unsure:

Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#2 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
    • 25,376 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

After you reboot, the gadget will be gone, never to be heard from again....somewhat like my first wife!!

You mean, you married more than once!? There was me thinking you were the level headed, sensible kind of guy as well Jimbo :)

#3 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
      • 843 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

You mean, you married more than once!

LOL...No mate, I was just kidding. I've been in love with the same woman all my life.......if the wife ever finds out she's gunna kill me!!! ..... boom boom!!

Married just the once mate, been married now for 46 years (we got married very young :P ). Actually, I'm still waiting for the license renewal. :)
        Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Alexa