• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows XP End Of Support Countdown Gadget

#1 User is online James (Jim) Hillier

• Platinum Poster!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Mod

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:07 AM

Yes folks, Microsoft have made available a desktop gadget which counts down the time to XP's end of support date [in 2014]. And in true MS style the countdown gadget is not available for machines running XP - only for those running Vista or Win7. Amazing!! :crazy: :crazy: :wacko:

The gadget can be downloaded from HERE.

#2 User is offline marko

• Platinum Poster!
      • Group: Root Admin

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:48 AM

That's some countdown - 2014!!!

Will be sad to see XP go, resisted Vista and 7 for a long time and then decided it was time to finally and permanently make the move a while ago, I'm probably that used to Windows 7 now it would feel strange going back to XP, for my money that was and still is the best OS to have came from MS - no doubt we'll see a buzz about something like Windows 8 surface shortly :dash2: :dash2: :dash2:

#3 User is online James (Jim) Hillier

• Platinum Poster!
        • Group: Super Mod

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

Yes Marko. In fact details of Windows 8 beta releases are already being leaked.

According to reports, the new MS operating system will be released some time in 2012 or 2013. With the prices escalating for each new OS I do hope MS are not going to follow a trend of releasing a new one every two years or so.......

When XP finally reaches the end of support date in 2014 it will be 13 years young; the longest serving OS in Windows history.....and, I hazard a guess, that's a record which will never be broken.

XP was the OS which introduced Windows Product Activation and the first to support 64-bit.

XP is compiled from 45 million lines of code [the mind boggles!!].

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Alexa