• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your say on FreewareBB in 2011

#21 User is online marko

• Platinum Poster!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:29 AM

Bala, not sure what you're seeing at your end, but we have had some skin issues in the past few hours - unfortunately it's something that we need Invision to address and are at the mercy of their support system which may be slow due to the holiday weekend. As for JavaScript, Google Analytics & DoubleClick, the first is a given on nearly all websites, Google Analytics is purely for our own statistical purposes and Doubleclick is from Google Adsense (our ads) - all three have been on FreewareBB for nearly 3 years now and our privacy policy explains we collect statistical information.

Everyone with a post count of less than 10 will see ads, over that amount of post's the ads are automatically removed as a kind of 'thank you' for posting, guest's will always see ads.

To be honest, we rarely use Google Analytics other than to monitor the search engine traffic and website referrals to FreewareBB, we can't collect person information other than what we collect at registration and even if we could, we wouldn't.

We've always been open about what we do here on the site and I welcome any question on any subject, just ask and you shall receive ;)
    Marko

#22 User is offline Bala7

• Advanced Poster!
    • PipPip
      • Group: Advanced Member

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

"...not sure what you're seeing at your end ... Invision..."
      Things appears to be back to normal. I guess I can chalk the past 48 hours to Gremlins in the Machine.

"...JavaScript...nearly all websites..."
      JS; the bane of our existence using 15-year-old buggy technology impossible to secure.
      Without JS and ActiveX its highly unlikely there would be the proliferation of malware we have today on Win machines.
      Both software technologies should be labeled a virus and banned!

#23 User is online marko

• Platinum Poster!
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

I'll def agree with you on the Javascript Bala, fortunately with a massive user base over at Invision and a great team of experienced developers we usually have a fix available for any vulnerability found in jig time! ;)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users