• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reporting Opt-Out

#1 User is offline Mongoplus

• Advanced Poster!
  • PipPip
    • Group: Advanced Member

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

When the programs are listed can they also say if you can "Opt-Out" or not. Posted Image

I guest the new one is OpenCandy. I hated the Ask.com toolbar that so many developers used. :angry:

Thank you for your service and support. :lol:

#2 User is offline James (Jim) Hillier

• Platinum Poster!
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Super Mod

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

Hey Mongoplus - Not sure which "listing' you are referring to mate; do you mean the normal download listings or are you talking about the list of banned freeware??

This is our current policy: Any freeware which bundles extras surreptitiously and without offering the end user any choices during installation will be banned and added to the banned products listing. Those which come bundled with extras but are open about it and include options for the end user to decline will continue to be listed in the normal download listings, but with an additional notation to that effect.

The exact positioning of the notation (on the download page) is subject to the vagaries of the software which controls the display, so is under review at this point in time. I believe Marko may be waiting until the new skin is in place before actually implementing that part of the policy.

Hope that helps,
      Cheers....Jim

#3 User is offline marko

• Platinum Poster!
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

As Jim says, we're currently waiting for the next update from Invision before implementing any significant changes to the site - I've now added this request to the list of "todo's" ... https://freewarebb.com/topic/60422-your-say-on-freewarebb-in-2011/ ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Alexa