• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3G and Tesco Mobile service

#1 User is online marko

• Platinum Poster!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Root Admin

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

For anyone considering the leap to mobile 3G, a word of warning!. DONT! It's basically not worth the hassle or cost. I've been away from home for the past week and took the plunge a month or so ago and bought an iPhone and stuck a Tesco sim in it. Since last week I've been searching for a 3G connection, and even being here in Devon, UK, I would have expected a reasonable time of it on 3G, but alas no, yet again the great potential of this technology is worthless because of the terrible service we have to put up with here in the UK. It's a well known fact we're way behind on things like broadband compared to the rest of Europe, even big businesses like Ebay have slammed the UK for poor mobile broadband service stating they loose a fortune because mobile users can't complete transactions after loosing connectivity!!! Great we have the potential, but I personally won't be paying any longer for the potential, and Tesco will know this on my return :)

#2 User is offline James (Jim) Hillier

• Platinum Poster!
      • Group: Super Mod

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:30 AM

Hey Marko - Trust me, the U.K is not alone in this regard. The wifi services in Oz are similarly underwhelming.

Mind you, considering the vastness of our continent when compared to the U.K., we probably have a more reasonable excuse. :)

This is a little off topic but.....

June and I were on a short break in Brisbane not long ago. A local cafe sported a billboard advertising "Free Wifi". So I trundled on down there, laptop in tow and duly tried to connect. Only to discover I needed to pay $6.00 to setup an account and a further $3.00 per hour usage fee.

Free?????? Talk about false advertising!!!

#3 User is online marko

• Platinum Poster!
        • Group: Root Admin

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:14 AM

Yep, even the holiday park we're staying in at the moment offers free wifi at it's club house, not sure what use it is cause you still can't access the web but instead it just gives you a landing page for it's own website, etc!!!??

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Alexa