Welcome to FreewareBB

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews and much much more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

Should website owners do more to remove or stop offensive comments on their sites?

15 replies to this topic
"); //]]>

Poll: Should website owners do more to remove or stop offensive comments on their sites? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Should website owners such as YouTube and Facebook do more to remove or stop offensive comments on their sites?

1. YES, this would include the majority of material we wouldn't find acceptable in the street (18 votes [69.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. YES, but only only things like racism, bigotry and personal insults, swearing wouldn't really bother me (8 votes [30.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

3. NO, everyone should be able to say exactly what they want no matter what (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#11 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
  • 660 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

Oh okay mate. Shame. :mocking:
    Jim Hillier - Freeware editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#12 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
    • 1,562 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

..... and now the topic has became locked because of another comment from someone else, strange really when people argue about freedom of speech and then a topic becomes locked because of, well, someone's comments!. As I've said, freedom of speech does not include the right to be abusive or offensive to anyone, the fact Invision have now locked that topic proves my point really.

#13 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
      • 660 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:44 AM

the fact Invision have now locked that topic proves my point really

Yep!! :mocking: :nea:

#14 jjj

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 26 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

Interesting topic!
          Whatever degree of moderation used on FBB just continue, as it seems to work well.
          I agree fully with the concept of free speech and everyone should be able to say exactly what they want no matter what - but can you
          hurry up and delete that reply on the 15 July in HOW TO DOWNLOAD.

#15 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
          • 660 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:23 AM

Oops, sorry jjj...on it now!

Thanks.....Jim

#16 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
            • 1,562 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

Yep, sorry about that guys, read your post jjj but somehow totally missed the fact there was an actual post that required deletion!!. On it now :mocking:
              Marko

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.