In this thread, we'll be taking a look at how you can view what's new on FreewareBB or how to access those downloads and topics you've not seen yet.
1. You may have already noticed our 'sub-menu' underneath the main navigation bar which gives you an instant look at new Download Comments, New Downloads and New Updates on the site (Fig 1.1). You can also subscribe to any or all of the available RSS Feeds for an automated way to keep up to date
2. To view other new or unread content you would use the "View New Content" button at the top right of the screen as in Fig 1.2 below.
3. You may notice the first time you use the "View New Content" button that some of the results are considerably long. This is because the system will know which downloads or topics you have, or haven't viewed before. You can mark all downloads and topics as 'read' which will then only show you results from that point onwards. To do this for the download section, select the "View all" link as in Fig 1.3 below.
4. Next, take a look at the quote bubbles down the left hand side of all the download categories, you may see some which are very bold and some that are almost greyed out (see Fig 1.4). The one's which are bold mean you have unread downloads in that category and the one's which are greyed out mean you've seen all the downloads in that category. To mark all the files are 'read', simply click on the bold quote bubbles until they are all greyed out.
5. Similarly, head over to the forum section and do the same there. This will mark all topics in those categories as read.
6. Now, the next time you visit the site and click "View New Content" you will be able to choose options such as "Content I have not read" which will show you all the downloads you've not seen yet.
7. Similarly, choosing "Forums" will show you a list of topics you haven't read yet, or replies made since your last visit!.
- Freeware Reviews
- Advanced Search