User Poll: Your images belong to us now .. right or wrong?

Whether you are an amateur photographer or simply enjoy sharing photo's of your family on Facebook, your uploaded photographs will soon be available for anyone to copy and use in whatever way they want, even for profit, unless you pay to have them registered and protected!.
You can VOTE and discuss here

"); //]]>
Photo

Tell us one thing you like and dislike about FreewareBB!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

jayesstee

jayesstee

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 206 posts
    @ marko: Like every one else, I rate this site highly. Just can't think of a single constructive criticism.

However reading TheRaven's comment "It sux because there are no coffee and donut bars" made me realize what is unique about this site.
    It is like a club/cafe/bar in that you allow Members in (even reprobates like myself, FutureShock and Claw).
    Approaching other sites is like going to a dispensing machine or at best, a store with a very high counter.

That's what makes most members so friendly, you welcome us in and encourage us to be part of FBB.

Thanks marko, don't change a thing.

PS Three pages of compliments in less than a day proves my point.

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
      • 1,550 posts

It is like a club/cafe/bar in that you allow Members in (even reprobates like myself, FutureShock and Claw).

Reprobate, jayesstee ?? Gee, I haven't been complimented like that in a long time. Thanks buddy.
        Marko, jay is right, don't change a thing. :good: :good: :good: :good:

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
          • 819 posts
            Hey, Jim...if you look around for suitable freeware for this site for long enough, I think you will understand what marko is saying. Have you submitted freeware for inclusion here? Go out there and take a look around. It won't be long before you start to feel overwhelmed by the numbers of programs available. It's easy to get down and think that there must be thousands of them that haven't been found, yet. Well, ultimately, the primary job is to get the title here the way I see it. Then the rest can be sorted out as time goes on. Seriously, that's a product of the system as it is now, not here at FBB...everywhere. It's not marko's doing.

What you are saying makes sense on one level, but it's not marko or FBB that are the problem. Developers aren't very up front about which systems their software will run on. It's bad for Linux users, but in my mind that's just all the more reason to dive in and try to make a difference, especially if you are a Linux user. Eventually, I'm sure there will be an answer, but as long as marko has to find the titles in the first place and then determine if there is a Linux title for the program (which he would do and I'm sure does), I think I am safe saying it's going to be what it is now. Also, it's practically impossible to keep all these titles up to date as it is. There are probably many titles that have been here for quite some time that didn't support Linux when marko added the program. Again, that's not marko's fault.

marko is doing a great job building this site. The rest is not just marko's challenge...it's the challenge of the developers and site managers and owners and, yep, us just plain users. One thing I can say for sure, it isn't accurate to say that marko is filtering out the availability of programs for Linux.

Linux developers and users have a huge challenge. The software has come a long way, but it's up to that community to get things organized. Blasting site owners one at a time isn't going to be very effective. It's going to take more creativity than that. You're going to need a system for program certification that all the distributors can use for updates and for finding new titles. Again, that's everyone's burden. Not going to be able to just snap our fingers and make it happen...

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
              • 819 posts

Reprobate, jayesstee ?? Gee, I haven't been complimented like that in a long time. Thanks buddy.
                Marko, jay is right, don't change a thing. :good: :good: :good: :good:

Claw a reprobate?...No way! :mad:

Seriously, someone should run for President as a member of the Reprobate Party...probably would win in a landslide...

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
                  • 1,550 posts
                    They already did run, and won a few times FS. LOL.

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
                      • 1,550 posts
                        James buddy, and I do mean buddy, I think marko is right. You should go grab the bull by the horns and head out and find and bring in all the Linux freeware you can find. You see, a lot of us here, and they know who they are, are like the core members, we keep finding freeware and reviewing freeware, but mostly, we keep these forums and chats going. We try to give all members a good, clean and fun time when they visit the site. Why, you may ask, well it's so marko doesn't have to worry about anything other than keeping FBB a step above the rest out there. I've been around to sites, ask Jimbo, he knows, but there is none out there like FreewareBB.com,, NONE !!!!
                        Thanks to marko and all his hard work.

Marko will always share the credit, but it truly comes down to the bossman out there, and that's another reason we're here through the good, the bad, and the ugly,,to show marko we appreciate everything he's done. Hell, I just went through another hurricane, and in between power outages (ask FS) I still kept coming to FBB. Why,, because marko and everyone else out there can count on us.

FBB is a GREAT site, and if you think you can find or do something to make it better, do as marko says, jump right in and go for it.
                        Marko knows we will all do our part to keep FBB head and shoulders above the rest, because marko has given us the honor of having a motley crew like us on his flag ship. And for that I say, thank you marko. :good:

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
                          • 819 posts
                            100% true Claw -----^ :good:

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
                              • 1,550 posts
                                FS, mutiny is not something the captain should ever have to worry about.

JoninOz

JoninOz

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
                                  • 285 posts
                                    The magnamonious effort put in to make this site so pleasant and reliable, with the simplicity in navigation deserves accolades of the highest order.

Kind Regards.....
                                    .....Jonno

Guest_Jim Van Damme_*

Guest_Jim Van Damme_*
                                      • Guests
                                      OK, here's an Attaboy! (From your infamous Linux troll.) Your latest Hot Download, the Red Eclipse game, is listed as working on several different OS's.

Just to give you an idea of the Linux eyeballs, look at this oddball app which has limited usefulness, zero reviews, yet has 4000 downloads:
                                      http://www.freewaref...gram_70693.html

You've got one of the best Windows freeware sites. There is a burning need for similar quality on the Linux side. (The Ubuntu or Mint software managers leave a lot to be desired.) It shouldn't take so much work, you just do what I do: e.g., go to http://www.teamviewer.com/en/ and....heyy! A penguin!