"); //]]>
");

Tell us one thing you like and dislike about FreewareBB!

41 replies to this topic

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Administrators
  • 12,282 posts
    Bob, thanks for the great feedback mate - those links you refer to though are actually ads from google and not downloads on FreewareBB, it does make me chuckle a little when Google provide a "safe site" service and will mark other people's sites as potentially dangerous - then accept advertisements from them for a fee?!!!.   Just goes to show that money really does talk!
    Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
    New Freeware on the site
    Updated Freeware on the site
    RSS Subscribe
    Report bad freeware here

TheRaven

TheRaven

Gold Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 74 posts
      It sux because there are no coffee and donut bars, but outside of that it is one of the more familiar, friendly and closely knit communities that grows at a reasonable rate and fleshes out with realistic personalities in my opinion. Not much to complain about here -- seriously.

Unlike other sites catering to software download services everything is legible and accessible; call me old fashioned, but those are the two biggest hurdles when establishing a presence on the web catering to any market. You're doing great Marko, period and JIm agrees because I said so. :)
      "Stay away from the danger zone..."
      MadTV : Stewart

TheRaven

TheRaven

Gold Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 74 posts

View Postmarko, on 05 September 2011 - 07:11 AM, said:

Bob, thanks for the great feedback mate - those links you refer to though are actually ads from google and not downloads on FreewareBB, it does make me chuckle a little when Google provide a "safe site" service and will mark other people's sites as potentially dangerous - then accept advertisements from them for a fee?!!!.   Just goes to show that money really does talk!

Pressure sales tactics from a company that runs itself like any other and sooner or later expects that they will no longer have the edge as no one ever out runs logic. Google will wash out once their initial clergy die off and the new blood comes in to screw it up for them -- only a matter of time not a matter of if. Their greed has made them a prime target for every other incompetent fool wanting a fast buck and sooner than later the wolves will catch up.

i have noticed that their commercialization has had an effect on chrome, android and numerous other services and once again a matter of time before damage control has to dip into the pot diminishing their overall bottom line. i liked Google allot more before they became B!TCHES. Nothing like the feeling of paper cuts on your butt-hole from filthy money God knows where it has traversed; kind of disgusting if you ask me, but who asked...
        "Stay away from the danger zone..."
        MadTV : Stewart

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Administrators
        • 12,282 posts

View PostTheRaven, on 05 September 2011 - 07:18 AM, said:

You're doing great Marko, period and JIm agrees because I said so. :good:
          LOL, our Jimbo is most certainly the man with the sensible head, when I'm running around like a headless chicken :) :scratch_one-s_head: our man Jim steps in and calms me down :D
          Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
          New Freeware on the site
          RSS Subscribe
          Report bad freeware here

jazee

jazee

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
          • 16 posts
            I know you prob want constructive feedback marko but I can honestly say I can't give any, I just cant criticise the site at all.   Like others too, I love the new frontend, makes finding new stuff a doddle :)

francisp

francisp

New Poster!

• Members
            • 1 posts
              same here, all good from what I can see :)

Power Bank

Power Bank

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
              • 16 posts
                Hi marko

There is nothing to dislike in this forum.  You will find very little where to make further improvements.  This is an excellent place.  I have recommended this site to as many people as I possibly can.  

Thanx for this excellent website.

Power Bank

BigB

BigB

Gold Poster!

• Advanced Member
                • 60 posts
                  What's not to like?

Nicely thought out and clean forum. The new front end makes it even easier to find what you want.

sellewe

sellewe

New Poster!

• Members
                  • 5 posts
                    The site is really great but I have just had a look at the Promo page and discovered several of the promotions have already reached their 'give away' date.  It would be helpful if these offers were removed as soon as possible.
                    I could spend a long time on these pages.  Keep us looking for more.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Administrators
                    • 12,282 posts
                      I hear ya sellewe ... will take a look at this shortly :)

Forums
                      New Freeware on the site
                      RSS Subscribe
                      Report bad freeware here