Welcome to FreewareBB Downloads

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

We're the original Safehouse of Freeware!

" We download and scan all our files manually - no auto scanners here!
" We check the developers site using LinkExtend to make sure it?s safe for you to visit!!
" We highlight software and developers who use tricks, force you to install addons or turn bad!!!
" Above all, we have a thriving community forum where WE listen to what you say - speak directly with me (marko) or other key members!!!!

");

Could I downgrade to XP?

xp downgrade

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_petesake_*

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:17 PM

I read somewhere that it was possible to downgrade to xp from windows7. Can it be done or not, I tried after I bought a new laptop and it had windows7 on it, I know I should try and stick with it but it's taking me twice as long to do things, I really want xp back. I have an XP disc but the laptop just keeps telling me somethign about unplugging hardware every time I try and install the damn thing.
Any help appreciated
Pete

#2 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

Pete, it is possible but usually there is some sacrifice of power through downgrading - normally you loose the power of a SATA drive, here's more info : https://freewarebb.com/topic/60487-installing-windows-xp-after-windows-7/

#3 Guest_petesake_*

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

IT WORKED YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. managed to grab a load of drivers for my machine and I have XP up and running again.
    Read your other post and made a restore disc so if I ever need to go back to windows7 it will be a dodle
    :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users