Safe Freeware

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

Kingsoft Office Suite Free NOT Freeware

kingsoft office free trial

22 replies to this topic

#11 PCRacer

Platinum Poster!

• Developer
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:03 AM

I see in the screenshot above that their english has not improved either: "Highly compatible with the Microsoft Office" :crazy:

Real amateurs. :sarcastic:

If you don't like it, don't use it or blame me for it!

#12 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
    • 25,637 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:25 PM

I see nothing has changed at all regarding KingSoft, just re-downloaded their software and still showing the expired notice when we roll the system clock forward a year - no notices on their webpages, nothing - other than the fact they are still pushing this as free!! Time to get WOT and SiteAdvisor involved me thinks :)
      Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
      New Freeware on the site
      Updated Freeware on the site
      RSS Subscribe
      Report bad freeware here

#13 PCRacer

Platinum Poster!

• Developer
      • 144 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

They tried listing themselves this week at FreewareFiles and got kicked off after just two days. :sarcastic:

I guess their reputation is getting around for their misrepresentation of their so called free office software. :good:
        If you don't like it, don't use it or blame me for it!

#14 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
        • 25,637 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

Hopefully yes, though I see FF are still listing some other Kingsoft software :negative:
          Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
          New Freeware on the site
          RSS Subscribe
          Report bad freeware here

#15 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
          • 949 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

Marko - The statement from Kingsoft was actually posted on their site, HERE.

However, the statement merely reiterates that Kingsoft Office is free [at the moment], it does not offer anything by way of explanation nor clarification. In fact, it only makes matters worse as it goes on to say: "We will release a ?shareware? of Kingsoft Office 2012 at the end of October."

Which to me is pretty much an admission that the so-called Freeware is actually a trial, and the whole thing has been conceived to coerce users into paying for the commercial version.

I would not recommend Kingsoft software of any kind to my worst enemy...or then again, maybe I would. :)

Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#16 Answers

New Poster!

• Members
            • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:39 AM

Sorry to drag a post back from the past, but I'm starting to see links to this company getting passed around sites like Yahoo! Answers. As if the behavior above wasn't damning enough, they are using multiple Y!A accounts to feed each other questions and focus vote answers containing their link, attempting to make their software look more legitimate.

Good to see that this problem is being tackled on multiple fronts.

#17 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
              • 25,637 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:06 AM

I'm not sure how you would know it was Kingsoft doing the posting and answering but I've seen similar myself before, so it's certainly possible and especially from people who I wouldn't trust :good:

Forums
                New Freeware on the site
                RSS Subscribe
                Report bad freeware here

#18 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
                • 949 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

I am 98% certain it was Kingsoft reps, or people associated with Kingsoft, who posted about half a dozen 5 star ratings for Kingsoft Office on CNET.

#19 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
                  • 25,637 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

Well, it would appear that Kingsoft have eventually managed to offer a proper free version of this software - I just downloaded and installed the latest version of the software suite and rolling my system clock forward one year, then another, the software remains fully functional !!. Just makes you wonder what they were playing at in the first place - personally, I still wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them, it's like IOBit, if you can attempt to mislead people once, you can do it again as far as I'm concerned and I want no part in the whole deception so Kingsoft will remain banned from FreewareBB - at the end of the day LibreOffice, OpenOffice and SSuite are very good alternatives anyway, much more trustworthy than Kingsoft anyhow :)

Forums
                    New Freeware on the site
                    RSS Subscribe
                    Report bad freeware here

#20 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
                    • 949 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Agree 100% Marko. Even though they have rectified the trial expiration issue that doesn't exonerate Kingsoft from trying it on in the first place!! Plus, there are still clauses in place in the EULA which cast doubts over the software remaining free - here are a couple of suspect extracts from the EULA:

"Kingsoft reserves the rights to replace, revise and upgrade the ?Product?, as well as the rights to charge fees for such replaced, revised and/or upgraded edition of the ?Product?

"Kingsoft has the right to amend the policies on the ?Product? by a 15-natural-day prior notice on the official website (www.kingsoftstore.com ), including but not limited to functional deletion, set of usage time, license termination, etc?"

Kingsoft is definitely not to be trusted methinks!