The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

hello

one

7 replies to this topic

#1 lynnabee

New Poster!

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

Does anyone know about the free software called o-bit or 10-bit or 1-0-bit? I had it on my computer and it has a little box to tell you how your computer is doing grade wise(a- d) up in the corner but it's a scan and it fixes all registry errors you can either do a quick scan or a deep scan which includes defragmanting of your pc. like i said i had it on my computer and i had to take my computer back to factory condition and lost my back up files ( just left them somewhere)

#2 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
    • 16,309 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

It's probably IOBit software, but we don't support their software on the site after they stole malwarebytes definition database and tried passing it off as their own :negative: ... You can find a whole host of registry cleaner and optimizers in our "registry" category here though: https://freewarebb.com/files/category/118-registry/
      Hope that helps :)
      Marko

#3 lynnabee

New Poster!

• Members
      • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

Does any of them have the litle " grade " teklling you when it's time to scan your computer?

#4 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
        • 16,309 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:55 PM

I'm not sure to be honest, I've never really used IObits products all that much, but from your description of the name it does sound like them - but as I say we couldn't recommend any of their products now anyway. Hopefully someone else may be in a position to confirm if this is the software or not, but it's entirely your choice whether you install it or not, wouldn't recommend it, but ultimately your choice.

I've listed our registry software in order of popularity for you, at least that way you might want to give the most popular one's a try first, although I don't think any of them come with the "grade" function you mentioned:
          https://freewarebb.com/files/category/118-registry/page__dosort__1__sort_key__file_downloads__sort_order__desc

#5 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
          • 841 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:22 PM

Hi lynnabee - Do you really need a program to tell you when it's time to scan your computer? This would merely be set at regular intervals anyway. Just maintain a schedule yourself; scan every 3 weeks or every 4 weeks, whatever. :)

If you want a free maintenance suite, similar to IObit Advanced SystemCare, I can recommend TweakNow PowerPack 2011.

Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#6 lynnabee

New Poster!

• Members
            • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:39 AM

ITS NOT THAT I NEED ONE BUT MY COMPUTERS BEEN ACTING SO FUNNY LATELY . I GOT A BRAND NEW COMPUTER 4GB/Go, MEMORY WITH A 320GB/Go hard drive and dvd drive, i just bought it in may of last year it's windows 7( which i don't care for) and i've already had to take it back to factory condition, because it has so many bugs on it and i have four virus protectors on it including norton and it sopposed to be one of the best. i bought it for school. i can't afford another one. it's got a 20' screenwhat can i say i payed out the a--- . for this

#7 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
              • 16,309 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

Moving this thread to the help section ... lynnabee, if I were you here's what I'd do - if you don't have anything on your computer that you really need to keep, restore the machine back to factory defaults, once you've done that, install Avast Antivirus then a firewall such as Online Armor or just go with the built-in Windows Firewall as default. Get a decent anti malware program like Malwarebytes or SuperAntiSpyware. Make sure you get all the updates from Microsoft that your computer is telling you to download and scan your computer at least once a week using the malware scanners.

Now, install a site advisory add-on such as WOT and don't visit any sites it warns you about. DO NOT install anymore than one antivirus scanner on your PC, this will cripple your machine and render it virtually unusable.

Let us know how you get on :)
                Marko

#8 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
                • 841 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

Sorry to hear that lynnabee.

To add to Marko's excellent advice...Stay away from file sharing (P2P) software and sites too. They are one the the greatest sources for malware infections and will end up killing your computer.

All the best...Jim
                  Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users