Welcome to FreewareBB Downloads

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

Working for McDonalds, career or silly mistake?

united states angus third pounders happy meal big mac mcmuffin ronald food franchise hamburger

4 replies to this topic

#1 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:57 PM

In a nutshell, silly mistake. Here's a tip for anyone wanting to work for McDonalds - DON'T!!!

You get paid minimum wage and take all the abuse from the public because your managers are incapable of actually running a store properly. When the food which is meant to be disposed of get's served up to a customer because the manager hasn't checked to make sure it's "in time", you get the pleasure of a dressing down both from the customer and the manager.

When you do excel and do something well, it's swept under the carpet with a throw-away comment, but do something wrong just once and boy, your feet won't touch the ground!!.

Then, dare to take part in their apprenticeship programme and be prepared for a level of incompetence, the likes of which you've never seen before, when you're asked to go over it again, redo it again, redo it again, and then, wait ... let's just redo it again because we've obviously made a complete and utter arse of things and don't know how to run a p*ss up in a brewery - all this, whilst you agree to come in on your days off and travel to other stores at your own expense!!!.

Then, just when you think you're turning a corner, some customer will make a complaint about something so trivial it actually borders on childish - it's round about that time, just after receiving a written warning, when you may just think to yourselves, "hold on .. a criminal is treated better than me".

It's usually at that point you'll begin to feel the urge to work somewhere else - never mind the fact that you've spent a year pulling your store out of a hole on more than one ocassion by working late, covering shifts, handling busy periods on your own and going the extra mile for your boss - no no no, all that is washed right down the drain with the attitude's of the managers and the store owners who, when it comes down to the nitty gritty, couldn't care less about you, your family or anyone remotely connected to you - they want the browny points and the store owners just want the profit - AT ANY COST!!.

Working in a McDonalds store is great if you have no sense of pride or belonging and you are happy working for minimum wage all your life whilst at the same time you can't actually fit the money they make into your till because it just won't fit!!. If you enjoy being abused by customers who consider you on par with a lump of mud, great, enjoy your career - but whatever you do, DO NOT complain to the store owner about your treatment because, like my son, you'll basically be told you can work elsewhere if you want. Needless to say, he will be, and once he does I'll be nipping down to his store to make an order which will most certainly not be satisfactory and will have to be replaced immediately, of course, after I dress them down in front of everyone myself - guess a Saturday afternoon should be the ideal time to pick my moment :)

With any luck, my rantings may just save a few from the same ordeal my son went through - all this for being a hard working, decent, honest and trustworthy young man.

Taking liberties doesn't even cover it!

... as they say, we're (not) loving it !!

#2 google

Advanced Member!

• Advanced Member
    • 39 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

I've heard others complain bitterly about the treatment at McD's as employee's, thestudentroom has A LOT of students on there who have had terrible experiences, problem is at the moment in the UK there is a massive shortage of jobs so people are just stuck with what they have - I really do pity most of the young people these days, the options are just no longer there for them :(

Tell your son to hang on in there until he manages to find something better, it will happen, just maybe not as fast as he'd like, that type of employer doesn't deserve hard working employees like this.

#3 Guest_Ronald_*

• Guests

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:43 AM

McDonalds seem to attract all kinds of stupid customers, dont get me wrong some customers are great but others will just bitch about anything and the managers dont help. As you said marko, its usually them who cause the problems in the first place and we get left to pick up the pieces, would never work for another mcdonalds ever again, id rather shovel s**t than give mcdonalds another minute of my time and serve yet another irate or obnoxious customer

#4 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
      • 1,605 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

Had a good chat with him, he's always been keen to join the police force, so we'll concentrate on a stop-gap in the meantime, he's not 18 until January so won't be able to apply until then :)

#5 w_williamson

Gold Poster!

• Administrators
        • 59 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:20 PM

http://williamsrants.wordpress.com/2011/09/21/mcdonalds-great-place-to-work/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users