The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

FreewareBB Giveaway: Online Armor Premium Firewall

This outstanding security software would normally sell for $40.00usd but FreewareBB members now have a chance to win a one year license completely free, simply by posting a reply to this topic

");

Want a new mobile contract, can't get out your old one?

mobile contract old contract iphone blackberry

3 replies to this topic

#1 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

My son had been in a mobile contract for a little while, but as normally happens with accident prone teenagers, he dropped the phone a few months back and was walking around trying to hold the damn thing together!!. His current provider would have charged a small fortune to have it repaired so he was basically stuck with it until the contract finished.

However, he went to another provider to ask the process of getting the latest blackberry and change to their network and to his shock they offered him the latest blackberry there and then with the opportunity of buying him out of his existing contract.

Well, you could have blown me over :blink:

I've heard of others doing this, but it's usually only when you have a few months left on a contract, but my son had over a year left to go but they still offered him 200 towards the existing contract, took his phone, gave him a brand new blackberry and reduced his monthly contract and gave him unlimited texts, more data useage and more voice minutes!!. I must be loosing it cause I've never known a company to actually give you a bargain like this ... maybe there is, after all, such a thing as a responsible company! :unknown:

I'm not sure which mobile phone shop it was he went to, but I'm sure he'll pop on the site a little later and tell us - whoever it was, WELL DONE TO YOU!!!!

#2 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
    • 812 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:47 AM

Ooh, I hope they have a branch in Oz!!!
      Jim Hillier - Freeware editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#3 w_williamson

Gold Poster!

• Administrators
      • 82 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

It was phones 4 u I got this contract buyout, not sure if they have any stores outside the uk but most big phone companies should do something like this

#4 Claire Green

New Poster!

• Members
        • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

I also want to know...