The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

Are you upgrading to Windows 8?

upgrade windows8

10 replies to this topic
"); //]]>

Poll: Are you upgrading to Windows 8? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you upgrading to Windows 8?

1. Absolutely, as soon as it's readily available I'll be upgrading (3 votes [9.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

2. Not sure, I'll wait till I know more about it first (7 votes [22.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

3. Probably not, I've barely got over the shock of Windows 7 (14 votes [45.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.16%

4. No, I really don't care for what I've seen in Windows 8 (7 votes [22.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:44 AM

It's not going to be long before we start hearing more and more about the Windows 8 operating system - and before we know it we'll be faced with the prospect of having to upgrade at some point ... how keen are you going to be to upgrade to Windows 8?.

#2 BobC

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 13 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:45 AM

I didn't plan on going to Windows 7 either, but my desktop crapped out and it was cheaper to buy a new desktop, which came with Win. 7 installed and does not impress me. I found XP far more usable and user friendly, While Win. 7 may be a tad faster, it has too many nuisance features. I tried to load the developer version on Win. 8 into a VM, but after the install completed, the boot process crashed when trying to run it. I used Virtual Box on my new Win. 7 machine.

#3 PCRacer

Gold Poster!

• Developer
      • 78 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

Nope, no upgrading for me. :negative:

I will stick to my XP like superglue. :sarcastic: :good: :drinks:
        If you don't like it, don't use it or blame me for it!

#4 dstrout

Advanced Member!

• Developer
        • 46 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

Microsoft seems to be designing Windows 8 with touch screens in mind. The metro interface makes almost no sense if you don't have one. On the other hand, users don't have to use the new interface. I guess my decision to upgrade will depend on whether I can get it super cheap like Windows 7. I got W7 super cheap ($30) because I am a student. If MS offers the same deal with Windows 8, I'll probably upgrade.
          I'm a website developer from NH. Check out my site at dstrout.net!

#5 bolgwrad

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
          • 25 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

I uninstalled Windows 7 my new(est) PC and put XP on. Microsoft seem to have locked W7 down in the same way that OSX on the Mac locks you into to one single way of doing things - and if you don't like it or want a workaround, tough. And if Windows 8 gets the Android disease - multiple fancy menu layers just to work the machine in colours you can't choose or change, I'll be with XP a few years yet.

#6 sam

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
            • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

I'll wait to see what the the pitfalls associated with windows 8 are. Until then, windows 7 will be good enough.

#7 BigB

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
              • 25 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

Meh. Tested in Virtualbox and cannot see the point as of yet. Maybe when it gets nearer RC and has more features for testing I might consider it but will be in no rush to install as a main OS.

#8 deaman49

New Poster!

• Members
                • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

I'm not impressed with Windows 7, and am using Windows Vista primarily. If they need to kick out a new version already, it tells you that they still have serious problems. Just like the Apple I-Phone.

#9 FreeWareFan

Gold Poster!

• Advanced Member
                  • 90 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

I'll switch to Win8 only if do upgrage for my PC. I think it will be core i7 and 8-12Gb of RAM.
                    Also Win8 promises less resources useage:
                    http://www.instantfundas.com/2011/10/windows-8-running-on-64-mb-ram.html

View Postdeaman49, on 12 October 2011 - 12:13 AM, said:

Just like the Apple I-Phone.
                    What's wrong with iPhone? It's a stable and feature rich phone ever.

#10 deaman49

New Poster!

• Members
                    • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

Sorry, you misunderstand my comment. The iPhone is fine, but bringing out the 4s a bit ridiculous to me. The 4s has an 8 Megapixel Camera vs the iPhone 4 only has a 5 Megapixel one, and the 4s is Global Ready, where the Standard iPhone isn't. Are those two things worth bringing out a new iPhone? Not in my opinion. I know several folks with the iPhone 4, and they don't feel it is worth it either. My next phone will be an iPhone. I'm judging the poor marketing, not the product. Unlike Microsoft, where I'm judging both the product and the marketing strategy.