The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

Security

5 replies to this topic

#1 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

Alright, I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials w/ Rising PC Doctor. I also run Mbam and SAS as on-demand. Is the PC Doctor worth it or is there a better option????

#2 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
    • 25,530 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

If I'm honest Claw, I really don't see the need for PC Doctor with the choices you have - I mean, MSE itself is good protection and with MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware as on-demand scanners you're more or less using some of the best tools I would consider to be around. I'd actually be very wary of using MSE and PC Doctor together, given they're both essentially trying to do the same job - and personally, I'd actually recommend avast! Anti-Virus over any other program, but that's just my personal choice. If you're happy with MSE, stick with it and run a scan each week, or alternatively give Spybot a try - it has a reasonable level of real-time protection against adware, etc :)
      Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
      New Freeware on the site
      Updated Freeware on the site
      RSS Subscribe
      Report bad freeware here

#3 google

Gold Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 52 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

Could not have put it any better

#4 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 374 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

Well, I guess the show of hands win! See,,, my wife is wrong,,I actually do pay attention........sometimes!
          I also like Avast over anything else, but I'm giving MSE a chance just to see if Microsoft can do something right!!!!
          Thanks.

#5 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
          • 902 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

Avast is excellent freeware but MSE is also very, very good. You won't be sorry. I'm running Avast Free on my desktop and MSE on my laptop, very happy with both.

We'll get you over Spybot one of these days Marko and drag your bum into the 21st century. :) Windows Defender offers far superior protection to Spybot, and it's already a part of Vista and Win7 - requires download and install in XP.

Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#6 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
            • 374 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:42 AM

There's an anti malware out there called Malware Scan that Superantispyware plcks up as a trojan. I've tested it twice and both times it came up. Happened to a friend also.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

" } ); } $('gbl_d').update( "" ); _last = ipsLightbox.lightboxImage.src; } } /* Check for init and then keep checking for new image */ _to = setTimeout( "gbl_addDownloadButton()", 1000 ); } //]]>