The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

NCH software

1 reply to this topic

#1 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,954 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:30 PM

Some time ago we delisted a whole load of software titles from NCH software, yet it still appears that they are doing incredibly well and have, by the looks of things, managed to avoid a RED rating from WOT, despite having many many negative comments and ratings - it's really beyond me but take a look for yourself - http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/nch.com.au - interesting reading I'm sure you'll agree!!

#2 ArtemisF0wl

New Poster!

• Members
    • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

debut screen capture works well, BUT it adds TONS of install on demand software without user consent, and also adds items related to those install on demand apps to the context menu. removing all that stuff and manually cleaning the registry is a pain. i visited their forums a few times expecting to see user outrage related to this, but unless they remove those things immediately, there were no related topics. its really a shame, because like i said debut is a good program. i think you were right to remove their software.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users