Welcome

You have just arrived at the ONLY download site which performs multiple safety checks on both software AND the developers who make that software. We will not tolerate bad freeware on our site and always listen to our members when they have concerns and remove bad freeware, and we certainly never put profit before pride which makes us one of the most pro-active, responsive, transparent and trustworthy freeware download site's on the net!.

Don't just take our word for it though, check out our Forums and see for yourself, and then why not become a full member, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

"); //]]>
");

Firefox 8

16 replies to this topic

#1 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 773 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

So far I've had 3 buddies tell me that they are having problems with the new Firefox. I have it . I installed over the top and I am not having any issues at all. As a matter of fact ,,,I'm using it now.
    No problems ,,,,,,so far!!!!

#2 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
    • 25,945 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

Guess it depends on a number of factors, such as what they are primarily trying to access and what extensions they have enabled. Normally I just install the latest versions when prompted, it's a good test of new releases and keeps me bang up to date - I too have had no issues with the latest version of FF :)
      Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
      New Freeware on the site
      Updated Freeware on the site
      RSS Subscribe
      Report bad freeware here

#3 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 773 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

Hey Marko,,good to here from you. FF is always the second (anti virus first) program I install on a computer after a reinstall.
        I'll tell you this though,,I remember Firefox 2.0 ,was awesome,,,at least for me. That one was fast. Again , at least for me.

#4 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
        • 25,945 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

One addon I have been seeing issues with recently is LinkExtend - I just rebuild my laptop today, installed FF8 and boom, won't install LE ... but at the same time I'm using my desktop at the moment with FF8 installed and LinkExtend already on here working like a dream!! :unknown:
          I'm sure I'll figure it out though :crazy:
          Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
          New Freeware on the site
          RSS Subscribe
          Report bad freeware here

#5 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
          • 773 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

No doubt you will,,my friend. No doubt at all!!!!

#6 James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
            • 1,030 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

Strange one Marko. LinkExtend in FF 8 is fine for me. Mind you, it was already part of my add-ons when the update went through.
              Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#7 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
              • 773 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

That may be the answer,,it may need to carry over from one version to the other ,,,via the update.

#8 James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
                • 1,030 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Yes Claw, that does seem to be the solution. Although, it really shouldn't make any difference.

I had an issue with FF7 where all my add-on icons disappeared. In the end, the only way I could get them back was to setup a new profile in FF and start all over from scratch.

With the rapid release program not allowing much time for appraisal and bug fixing, I guess we can expect to experience the odd glitch. :)
                  Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#9 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
                  • 773 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

Yeah you're right,,there's probably 2 new versions just in the time it took me to read it!!!! Having some problems with my computer,,I may not be on too much! I'm using the wife's computer. AAAAGHH,,a little slooooow!!!!

#10 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
                    • 25,945 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

No idea why it would be, but despite trying to install this numerous times from LinkExtend's own pages, I kept getting an error message along the lines of "the addon wasn't what Firefox was expecting!!", but then I clicked the actual download link found down the left hand side of their page instead of the large download button in the middle of the page and it has now installed!!. Unless they've fixed something overnight?. Sorted now though :crazy:

Forums
                      New Freeware on the site
                      RSS Subscribe
                      Report bad freeware here