The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

Best Freeware Software 2011

They're out! The very first FreewareBB Best Freeware Software awards, 2011 !! See the results HERE.

");
- - - - -

YUMI Multiboot USB Creator review

1 reply to this topic

#1 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,951 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:19 AM

Developers Description
    YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Installer), is the successor to MultibootISOs. It can be used to create a Multiboot USB Flash Drive containing multiple operating systems, antivirus utilities, disc cloning, diagnostic tools, and more. Contrary to MultiBootISO's which used grub to boot ISO files directly from USB, YUMI uses syslinux to boot extracted distributions stored on the USB device, and reverts to using grub to Boot Multiple ISO files from USB, if necessary.

Aside from a few distributions, all files are stored within the Multiboot folder, making for a nicely organized Multiboot Drive that can still be used for other storage purposes.
    • Run YUMI.exe following the onscreen instructions
    • Run the tool again to Add More ISOs/Distributions to your Drive
    • Restart your PC setting it to boot from the USB device
    • Select a distribution to Boot from the Menu and enjoy!

#2 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
    • 836 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Installer) provides a very simple method for creating a mutliboot USB device from ISO files. It does not require installation and includes native support for a wide range of Linux distros, popular anti-virus rescue utilities and diagnostic tools. However, YUMI is not limited to supported items only, you can add ISOs for unlisted utilities/distros and YUMI will still do its thing ? of course, success for supported titles is pretty much guaranteed whereas you may not always achieve the desired result with unlisted ISOs.

Only one ISO can be processed at a time, after each is completed YUMI will continue asking if you want to add others, simply go through the same procedure for each ISO until finished (further ISOs can be added at any time). I selected one listed diagnostic tool and one unlisted partition utility, I was amazed at how quickly YUMI completed the process, and they both booted and worked perfectly. After a restart and selecting the newly created multiboot USB drive as number one boot device in BIOS, I was presented with the YUMI boot option screen from which I could choose to continue on with the default boot (Windows 7) or select any included ISO. YUMI is by far the best multiboot USB creation tool I have come across to date ? very impressive!
      Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users