The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

Best Internet Browser 2011

best internet browser browser vote

13 replies to this topic
"); //]]>

Poll: Best Internet Browser 2011 (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Internet Browser 2011

1. Apple Safari (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Avant Browser (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Deepnet Explorer (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Google Chrome (5 votes [13.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

5. Maxthon (1 votes [2.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

6. Microsoft Internet Explorer (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Mozilla Firefox (22 votes [61.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.11%

8. Netscape Navigator (1 votes [2.78%] - View)

9. Opera (4 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

10. Pale Moon (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Slim Browser (1 votes [2.78%] - View)

12. SRWare Iron (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Other (Please Specify) (2 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

Vote

#11 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:39 AM

Firefox,for me. I've used it off and on since FF 2.0(awesome)!!!! Now it's been my browser of choice with the installment of the last few versions.

#12 Apokalipsys

Gold Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 50 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

Google Chrome for me... even with the privacy concerns of Google (which they must address). I do not see much of real difference in performance among the latest FF beta and any of its post 6.0 versions. I switched to Chrome after Firefox 7.0.1 mostly because of slow performance, high system's resources consumption, lack of support for my prefered add-ons like Google Toolbar, huge inconsistencies, annoyances and incompatibilities with extensions, constant crashes, a too fast changing browser, lack of serious support,... :dash2: It is true, Chrome is always in Beta, uses large amount or resources too, and seems to be constantly changing too, but 'till now without the FF problems, ...and faster. :ireful:

Hey, fast changes do not mean necessarily that they are meaningful and useful (this goes for FF as well as Chrome), they are changes just for the sake of change, not to improve. Chrome is safe, a lot faster than Firefox, highly customizable (although it could use a little more flexibility), most of the preferred extensions on Firefox have been ported to Chrome, good support for Web Apps, etc. As I posted before, it is a good idea to keep Firefox handy, just is case, but not anymore as the primary browser. :nea:

Microsoft is improving, I give them that, but they have a lot to do... I have used early IE 10 on Widows 8 Develper's Preview and it promises, but there is a long road to walk.

Safari... not a chance! Bad browser!
      Opera... so, so... it must be more compliant, but it is still on the game.

#13 FutureShock

Advanced Member!

• Advanced Member
      • 37 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:56 AM

I like where Opera is, but I like better the direction it's headed...

Just for the record...I keep a copy of Netscape Navigator that I like to dust off occasionally. Noteworthy that it conforms to almost every tool on the net still. I really enjoy using RealPlayer...I use an old 11 version that I can't imagine I will replace.

The Netscape thing causes me to wonder how much of the hype over newer browsers is really important. At least with Opera, the improvements are geared to added features. Support is good, and I have an easy time with the interface. That's a personal user thing, so...

#14 Silverplatter30

New Poster!

• Members
        • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

I use Pale Moon most of the time but do like Comodo Dragon. At work the only browser I use is Opera on my flash drive.