The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

Does a keylogger only track which keystrokes?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Claire Green

New Poster!

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:48 AM

Hi, I have some questions about the keylogger. Does it track what your mouse does or does it just track the keys you press on a keyboard? And if it can track something like copy and paste, will it be able to track what you copy and paste when surfing online?

#2 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 246 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:57 AM

Ok Claire,,I'm going to try and answer this. A keylogger counts(copies so to speak) your keystrokes. Now I've been told they can copy what you cut and paste,,but this I'm not really too sure of!!!! Anyone have any knowledge to comfirm or deny this??. Claire and I would really like to know!!!!

#3 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
      • 25,373 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:29 AM

We don't really list a lot of keyloggers, in fact I was actually struggling to find any keylogger on the site which is normally down to the fact they can be extremely intrusive and normally throw out virus alerts due to their nature (i.e. because they attempt to remain hidden and so many virus apps will flag them) although there are keyloggers out there which most certainly can and will catch just about everything you do on a computer such as keystrokes, copy/paste, etc. Particularly those with screen capture facilities or which can monitor the clipboard.

Sorry I can't be of much more help or provide an example of a keylogger but in my experience I've found just about all keyloggers to be flagged as suspicious, with equally damning websites and I really couldn't justify taking the chance on listing any of them :)
        Marko

#4 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 246 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

Wow ,,that answer shut me up. Claire and I are now alittle bit smarter on the subject,. Leave it to Marko,,,,he's so good!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users