Get new downloads in your inbox each morning

If you want to be kept up to date on the latest downloads added to the site each day through your email, just pop your email address into our daily downloads service HERE.

"); //]]>
");

Superantispyware update

35 replies to this topic

#31 Apokalipsys

Apokalipsys

Gold Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

I agree Jim, you are right, there are many times that updating a driver becomes a nightmare, specially involving video and network cards. But since the PC

View PostClaw, on 05 December 2011 - 08:13 PM, said:

actually has very little on it,,CCleaner,,Word,,Mbam,,FF,,Auslogics defrag,SumatraPDF and MSE!
    ... it should not hurt, I think that if that is the case, then even a full clean install of everything will not hurt, don't forget to backup. So, if your drivers seem to be working fine do not update them. And if you do not update everything, at least do it with the OS.

#32 James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
    • 1,024 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

Hey, I'm a great advocate for keeping everything up to date, especially the OS and installed programs. After all, the vast majority of those updates are released to patch vulnerabilities. I just don't think it's a wise plan to adopt for drivers also - would always recommend that be done on a needs be basis. :)
      Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#33 Apokalipsys

Apokalipsys

Gold Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 50 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

Well said Jim. I also recommend my students to backup always before any attempt to update a driver and before installing any new hardware; even if it is just something as easy to install as a modem... you never know what could go wrong. It is a good idea also to NEVER touch or update the BIOS (we are talking about updates, don't we...?) unless strictly necessary. Your system could end very messed up and it could go berserk. :good:

#34 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 747 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Hey guys,,,I just ran a SAS scan and it loaded,,scanned and closed, just like it should. So, I think my case may be closed!!!! I want to thank you for all your imput and help,,couldn't have done it without you!!!! :good:

#35 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
          • 25,917 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

Well done all in this conversation, I've read through all of the comments and if there is one thing to warm the heart of any admin it's to see our fabulous members deliberating and conversing - glad to hear you've sorted things out claw :good:

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
            New Freeware on the site
            Updated Freeware on the site
            RSS Subscribe
            Report bad freeware here

#36 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
            • 747 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:42 AM

Marko,Marko,buddy,,pal think you're glad?,,,,,,BE ME!!!!!!!!!! :lol2: THANK YOU!!!!