The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

Beware mobile phone services that charge a fortune!!

bongo cost

1 reply to this topic

#1 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 25,405 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

Just recently I noticed a few additional charges on my daughters phone, normally she's particularly careful about what she uses her phone for because over and above the normal monthly subscription cost we tell her she'll be paying for anything extra she uses out of her pocket money or money she receives from family otherwise we'll cancel the subscription!. This normally has the desired effect for her to be careful not to go over her allocated limits!!.

However, on a recent statement I noticed a number "66668" with a charge of 1.50 each. Digging a little deeper I found a service called "bongo" which will apparently text you details of yourself that is accurate - it will also give you an insight to your future, blah blah blah!!!.

Once you send a text, they'll subscribe you and charge you each time they send you a message, which is by this time, automated.

Great work if you can get it, and I'm sure this isn't the only load of nonsense to be going around, but as kids do, they'll follow other friends into doing this - so just a quick word of warning, watch out for those additional charges as this will no doubt be the next money making scheme to circulate throughout the kids who don't realise just how much it can cost!!.

#2 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 259 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:47 AM

I got my kids the phone!!!! Any text ,THEY pay ,any internet THEY ,any music ,THEY!! Get the Idea?? THEY do!!!! I still check for those out of the ordinary charges ,but, so far so good!! Thanks for the heads-up,,,,we all need to be weary these days!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users