←  Polling Place

FBB

»

Best Freeware Graphics Editor 2011

Poll: Best Freeware Graphics Editor 2011 (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Freeware Graphics Editor 2011

1. Artweaver (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Gimp (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. LightBox Free Image Editor (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Paint.NET (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

5. Photobie (0 votes [0.00%])

6. PhotoFiltre (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Photoscape (0 votes [0.00%])

8. TwistedBrush Open Studio (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Other (Please Specify) (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

marko's Photo marko 13 Dec 2011
We've taken some of the most popular freeware Graphics Editors and listed them here - these will form part of our search for the best freeware of 2011 so please do vote carefully :)

BigB's Photo BigB 20 Dec 2011
Gimp is my fav as there are loads fo tutorials online and on youtube to follow.

salmonberry's Photo salmonberry 21 Dec 2011
Irfan View is the greatest: quick, straightforward, uncomplicated

FutureShock's Photo FutureShock 21 Dec 2011
I have no authority for a vote in this one. GIMP is the only one I tried, and it was impressive to look at. I made an attempt to learn as I go with the software, but it was far too complex for that with me. I was struck by the sophistication of this freeware and maybe I will try it again later. Most likely not until I am sure I am ready to follow through with the learning curve. Thanks BigB for the up on the videos on YouTube. If/when I give the software another go, I will look those up first thing.

Right now I use a combination of Irfanview, FSViewer (Best enhanced viewer I have run across) and MS Paint. It's a complicated routine, but at least I know the routine..

I do like that I have the option to play some videos in Irfanview. I never (almost) use the feature, but when I do, I find myself LOL at that stupid pink teddy bear icon or whatever it is...

jjj's Photo jjj 21 Dec 2011
Paintnet, I use it often and rather simple to use and well supported with addons for photographs ,icons etc.
However if you are just starting out GIMP is definitely the better option, lot more complicated , but more features, and with Linux version.
and for children - TuxPaint.

FreeWareFan's Photo FreeWareFan 21 Dec 2011
Paint.NET + PicPick + IrfanView

Scottar's Photo Scottar 21 Dec 2011
Irafan, decent, can convert to other formates. Some enhacing abilities. Good for sizing graphics for your editor. Can convert some graphics that display the blackbox past from direct pasting to the viewed formate into your editor.

One of these days I'm going to buy it, that and other good freeware. Good software deserves monitary support otherwise you won't have good software anymore.

BigB's Photo BigB 21 Dec 2011
I use Irfanview as a picture viewer. I only just found out it had basic editing options.

FutureShock's Photo FutureShock 21 Dec 2011
BigB. Perhaps you might like to try FSViewer. You can connect to Irfanview and Paint in the program, but it is a more fully featured enhanced viewer than Irfanview. I use Irfanview as my viewer, and I do use it to edit, but, when I want to get a little more serious, FSViewer is better for me when it comes to editing. The features are easily accessed, and the thumbnail file finder completely rocks the socks off...