The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

Microssoft Security Essentials Help

7 replies to this topic

#1 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 374 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:59 AM

Ok,for just the last four days,at least once a day MSE keeps going into "potentially unprotected" mode. I open it up and it prompts me to "scan now" . all settings are ok and it's set to scan at 2:am, which it does. Any idea on what is going on ,,guys??

#2 ArtemisF0wl

New Poster!

• Members
    • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:19 AM

do you use CCleaner? likely thats the cause of your problem.... open ccleaner and clear the boxes beside MSE and Windows defender. there are similar topics on Piriform's forum

#3 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 374 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:39 AM

That may be it,,I will do,ArtemisFOwl !! Hey while I'm here My sons computer keeps warning "virual memory too low,,,,,,," you know what I mean ! Should I expand the page file??

#4 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
        • 25,530 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:39 PM

Do you use XP or Windows 7 claw?. I'd normally associate that error with a buggy application that is causing memory leaks.
          Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
          New Freeware on the site
          Updated Freeware on the site
          RSS Subscribe
          Report bad freeware here

#5 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
          • 374 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

It's XP Marko,,and there really isn't much on it:CCleaner,FireFox,Mbam,MSE,Auslogics Defrag,Sumatra PDF and Microsoft Word.
            That's the whole thing,,it's mainly used for school, a lot of downloading lessons then removing them when he's finish. I check it to make sure all is done right!!

#6 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
            • 25,530 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

If there is sufficient memory installed claw, then it's really a matter of elimination which can be time consuming I'm afraid - I'd start by uninstalling Sumatra PDF and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, make sure you download the latest version and see if the problem returns. Likewise, it may be necessary to do the same with the other programs installed - it could be a long weekend for you matey :)
              Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
              New Freeware on the site
              Updated Freeware on the site
              RSS Subscribe
              Report bad freeware here

#7 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
              • 374 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

Thanks matey (oh,oh,it's catching)!!!! Always a long weekend for me,,Marko,but thanks again!! :good:
                I want to thank Arte too!!!

#8 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
                • 374 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

View Postmarko, on 17 December 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

it could be a long weekend for you matey :)
                  no kidding

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

" } ); } $('gbl_d').update( "" ); _last = ipsLightbox.lightboxImage.src; } } /* Check for init and then keep checking for new image */ _to = setTimeout( "gbl_addDownloadButton()", 1000 ); } //]]>