The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

Free Game Download

freebe game adventure

5 replies to this topic

#1 Scottar

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:14 AM

Back in the heydays of commputting EGA&VGA graphics they had games like KingQuest and SpaceQuest. SpaceQuest was a puzzle type adventure game that had numorous paradies to science fiction shows of the period. It was humorous and had quarky puzzles to solve instead of match this and match that.

Behold, I came across a site that had a adventure type game that was a takeoff on the SpaceQuest type series. It's an old Amega game in EGA graphics but still not bad. It has the old humor of the day and various parodies in the dialog, and it has voice overs. The voice overs are quite good.

The game is tough on some of the puzzles, cause they are so qurky, but a walkthrough is easy to find. It has some funny, halrious stuff in it.

The game can be found here:
    http://www.download-free-games.com/download/cat/adventure/

Click on Flight of the Amazon

It does require an interface utility to run the game:

ScummVM
    http://www.scummvm.org

Which is free also.

I find these game so much more enjoyable then the newer stuff when publishers where more communal and things wern't so PC. People could laugh at themselves and others in a more lighthearted way. Now thing are so uptight that lawsuites seem to errupt over the most trivial of stuff. The world has become a sad place.

#2 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
    • 25,532 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:19 AM

Normally we wouldn't allow links in this way Scottar, but they're reasonable enough and I also like your name being from Scotland myself, so fair do's :)
      Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
      New Freeware on the site
      Updated Freeware on the site
      RSS Subscribe
      Report bad freeware here

#3 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 375 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

Oh man Scottar, I remember all the old Atari games. Street Fighter,,Chopper Command,,50 Classic Games ,,Space Invaders,,etc.,etc. You are so right,the graphics back then are more fun to look at then ever before. Believe it or not ,but my daughter is in college now and she still has her old Atari system complete with Digg Dugg and Centipede !!!! Makes me wish I had Donkey Kong or Pac-Man right in front of me now!!!! :sarcastic:

#4 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
        • 25,532 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:42 AM

Remember my first ever game console, a wooden (yes wooden) Atari console complete with such gems as space invaders and pacman :crazy:
          https://freewarebb.com/index.php?app=ccs&module=pages§ion=pages&folder=/games&id=39
          Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
          New Freeware on the site
          Updated Freeware on the site
          RSS Subscribe
          Report bad freeware here

#5 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
          • 375 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:46 AM

They were just fun Marko,,my 12yr.old son and I have a blast playing a game called Spec-Ops. Very simple graphics,,stiff movements,,just plain simple . We have some of our best times playing that 10 or 12 phase war game. We can beat that game with our eyes closed,,but will play it over and over again. We're also pretty good at Ultimate Alliance and Guitar Hero!!!! But that little old Atari console is still kicking!!!! Man,,,I sure could go for some Donkey Kong. I still have these little games that plug into the TV and you control with a "JOY STICK". Those things went the way of the Penny Arcade and the KISS pinball machine!!!!

#6 Scottar

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
            • 20 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

Sorry about the mispost but I'm confused about submissions and I thought this was the place. But I'm glad you got a bag out of it. ;>)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

" } ); } $('gbl_d').update( "" ); _last = ipsLightbox.lightboxImage.src; } } /* Check for init and then keep checking for new image */ _to = setTimeout( "gbl_addDownloadButton()", 1000 ); } //]]>