File Updated: 21 Apr 2012
File Category: Antivirus, Spyware, Firewalls & Security
Will Run On: 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7
ThreatFire Free Edition is an application designed to protect your computer against malware such as trojans, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, and buffer overflows by intelligently detecting and blocking behavior consistent with that of malware.
ThreatFire uses advanced patent-pending technology to detect signs of malicious behavior commonly used by malware threats. ThreatFire is unlike traditional antivirus products that rely on old fashioned "signature" technology and require updating every time a new threat occurs.
By constantly monitoring the activity on your PC ThreatFire's ActiveDefense technology is able to hunt down and paralyze threats that are too new or too clever to be recognized by traditional security software.
ThreatFire employs an intelligent behavioral engine to only alert you on truly malicious behavior, because sometimes even legitimate software may look malicious. This means you are only alerted when you really need to be.
- Immediately Effective with No Complicated Set Up
- Proactive Defense against Both Known and Unknown Threats
- PC Tools AntiVirus Included for On-demand Scanning
- Quarantine and Permanently Remove Threats from Your System
- Rootkit Scanner Seeks Out Deeply Hidden Files, Objects and Registry Keys
- Complementary to Your Existing Antivirus Software
- Advanced Custom Configuration Options and Rules Settings
- Virtually No Impact on System Performance
- Built-in Web Search Provides Additional Threat Details
- Continually Improving Protection Technology
IMPORTANT: If you wish to leave a review for PC Tools ThreatFire, please ensure you leave at least 2 paragraphs, give some detailed information regarding it's functions and ideally (but optional) include a few screenshots. If you wish to leave a quick comment, please do this using the comments on the download itself
Click here to download this file