File Updated: 06 Jan 2012
File Category: File Sharing & FTP
Will Run On: 9x/ME/2K/NT/XP/Vista/7
DC++ announces the freedom to share! DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect / Advanced Direct Connect network.
Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ is a highly ranked piece of software among the projects hosted at Sourceforge. With more than fifty million downloads, new users continue to find benefits from the software every day.
DC++ is free software, licensed under the GNU GPL 2.
- No ads, spyware, or bundled software that you don't need
- Open source software, code freely available under the GNU GPL
- Joins multiple hubs at the same time
- List of bookmark-like favorite hubs and users
- Shares large files and many files per your organization scheme
- Tiger Tree Hashes (TTH) used for file integrity
- Search across all (or selected) connected hubs by file type, size, name or hash
- Resume of downloads, with optional automatic search for alternate sources by TTH
- Logging options and configuration for chat, private messages, downloads, and uploads
- Autoconfiguration of UPnP routers
- MAGNET link support for linking to specific content
- Automatic and manual download priorities
- Saving of user's file lists for browsing and queueing
- Translation into other languages by custom supplied gettext po language files
- Segmented downloading
- NAT-Traversal support
- SSL encrypted secure communication and file transfers
- Bandwith limiting capabilities
IMPORTANT: If you wish to leave a review for DC++, please ensure you leave at least 2 paragraphs, give some detailed information regarding it's functions and ideally (but optional) include a few screenshots. If you wish to leave a quick comment, please do this using the comments on the download itself
Click here to download this file