Safe Freeware

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");
- - - - -

Project Blackout Review and Download

1 reply to this topic

#1 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 25,619 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

File Submitted: 16 Dec 2011
    File Updated: 18 Feb 2012
    File Category: 1st Person Shooters
    Will Run On: 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7

Project Blackout will test your skills as gamer with fast paced action, precision shooting, and twitch response times. Project Blackout´s
    graphics, surround sound, and camera effects will put you in the middle of the action and test your skills at a whole new level. Lock and load!
    Every map in Project Blackout is carefully crafted to give operators an immersive experience. With realistically skinned models and destructible environments, Project Blackout raises the bar for immersion in MMO shooters. Shoot through barriers to take out hiding enemies, employ explosives, dust, realistic ballistics, and utilize the environment to gain the edge and destroy your enemies!

Need a quicker route through a map? Make your own! Destroyable architecture makes it possible to create a shortcut through a map to gain a tactical advantage when you really need it. As the environments change, so will the operators need to adjust tactics to survive.

There´s more to war than killing! You need training, you need equipment, and you need experience. Operators in Project Blackout are expected to keep at the top of their game. Project Blackout offers special missions in game that will reward operators with special perks, items, and ranks. These missions will drive you to be more than just another grunt with a gun, they´ll turn you into an elite operator.

Fortunately, these missions, while challenging, can be accomplished during regular play so you won´t need to be distracted while trying to complete your missions.

Posted Image

IMPORTANT: If you wish to leave a review for Project Blackout, please ensure you leave at least 2 paragraphs, give some detailed information regarding it's functions and ideally (but optional) include a few screenshots. If you wish to leave a quick comment, please do this using the comments on the download itself

Click here to download this file

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
    New Freeware on the site
    Updated Freeware on the site
    RSS Subscribe
    Report bad freeware here

#2 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
    • 25,619 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

For those of us who remember the Counter Strike phenomenon (which any semi-serious gamer would), then Project Blackout is just about as close as it get's to that. With a whole host of different maps and situations to choose from, it's one of those games that fast becomes addictive and you just have to have another go until eventually your hooked!.

: sc13.jpg

Initially, you have access to most servers which include two novice servers and I'd definitely recommend taking advantage of those to begin with to get used to fast pace of the game. Gamers will range from the complete novice to those who have obviously spent A LOT of time learning the maps and know every hiding hole or position you could come from.

Once you begin to rank up, you will loose access to the novice servers and will only have access to the open servers, and this is usually when things get a little interesting.

: sc08.jpg

Weapons can be "purchased" using credits you'll gain as you progress through the games, but do be aware that it takes one hell of a long time to rack up enough credits to purchase anything worthwhile.
      I had begun thinking that most of the gamers onboard didn't feel the need to go crazy and purchase a whole load of the top weapons but as you play more and more games it becomes more apparent that some do - for example, on more than one ocassion I've unloaded a whole magazine full of bullets into the back of someone, yet they turn around and slug me once and I'm then history!!?. These guys have obviously spent some money and purchased points, or in other words "recharged" their bank to buy better equipment.

: sc01.jpg

You'll also find the die-hard players will have all manner of objects to throw at you, primarily grenades, which will kill you instantly if you don't move fast enough (personally, I rarely am able to !!).

You can choose any game, there is no order, and you don't have to progress from one game to the next - but be wary of invites you will receive from other gamers as it's often the case they will want a one on one and are usually really good at the particular game they are inviting you into.

Project Blackout is a fast paced game, so if co-ordination, speed and accuracy aren't really your strong points, I'd steer clear - on the other hand, if you're up for a laugh and a challenge, fire it up and give it a whirl - I was sure glad I did !!.

Do note, however, PB is suspected of coming with OpenCandy, which in itself isn't a major problem, but because the download doesn't contain all the files, a further download is required from the game makers websites - it all happens automatically so don't worry, no tricky installers or anything like that, but it must then download OpenCandy from the secondary download.

All in all, a great game, and the underlying tone's of which are becoming more and more popular these days - release great online games for free, but make you pay if you're semi-serious about kitting yourself out with the right equipment so you can rack up a lot of kills and achieve rank fast.

My advice to begin with would be to stay within the novice servers initially, learn the ways of the game, how others respond, the tactics and try to be a little cunning - in other words don't just go racing straight into a road or a room cause chances are you'll last 2 seconds ... Then when your ranked up and only have access to the open servers, look for a game with 2-4 players, get familiar with the faster pace and deadly accuracy of the other, more experienced players, then hopefully by that time you'll have earned enough credits to equip yourself with an alternative primary machine gun - I'd recommend buying the best you can afford but make sure it has a scope (you'll def need this in some of the other games). If you can, grab yourself a flash-bang or smoke grenade also, that way if your under attack and escape direct fire you can launch one back into your attackers and probably wipe out a couple at least.

All in all, a very enjoyable game, ranking and gaining enough credits to start buying good equipment is very possible, it can just take a while. Meanwhile, you'll start gaining valuable experience and gain a better understanding of how to avoid some of the bullets and more experienced players - just imagine then, what you could do with a better gun and grenades!!! :)

Download Project Blackout here: https://freewarebb.com/files/file/11397-project-blackout/

Also, minimum specs are as follows:
      P4 2.4 GHZ / Athlon 2500+
      512MB RAM
      Geforce 5700/ Radeon9600 or similar ranked graphic card.

Recommended specs are as follows:
      P4 3.0GHZ / Athlon 3000+
      1GB RAM
      Geforce 6600 / Radeon X600
      Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
      New Freeware on the site
      Updated Freeware on the site
      RSS Subscribe
      Report bad freeware here